Are you a cuckoo?

My lovely friend who I see as sort of a mum calls me a cuckoo. She can’t see how i come from the family that I do :sweat_smile:

Are you an odd one put in your family? Maybe everyone thinks they are to a degree. Maybe its rarer to be alike?

Politics

• Cuckoo
  • Alike

0 voters

Other values/morals

• Cuckoo
  • Alike

0 voters

Interests

• Cuckoo
  • Alike

0 voters

Personality

• Cuckoo
  • Alike

0 voters

Looks

• Cuckoo
  • Alike

0 voters

Should’ve done some depends options but I’m afraid you’ll just have to make a choice and feel free to expand.

And also with you

3 Likes
12 Likes

i’d say i’m a bit of an outlier in my immediate family in terms of my interests and stuff but think i take after my mum’s side of the family with that stuff

i do look a lot like my immediate family though and have certain traits and mannerisms in common, so

Probably do have a similar personality to my dad but have come to realise only in quite autistic ways, am not at all the scouse joker that he was, as all scousers are required to be by law.

Have some interests he did too but i dont imagine he’d discuss them with me so feel like they dont quite count. Can’t imagine ever having a discussion with him (or my mum or brother). There was going to be an end to that sentence like “…avout history/architecture/music” but genuinely just leaving it at doscussion is accurate (saw my brother this weekend for the first time in a decade and he just talked about his gf being addicted to ket)

1 Like
2 Likes

When my other half first met my sister, she was completely shocked and almost didn’t believe we were siblings, because our accent / diction was so very different.

I guess that can happen when you grow up in Sutton - my sister’s voice is very much Sarf Landan, while mine is a lot more Surrey

1 Like

Do you have any theories on what made you different? Any other big influence? A teacher/family friends/the internet/a physical move/DiS? Or would you have been different no matter what?

All of the above for me. Was always ribbed by my family for being “little miss politically correct” but had other factors changed i suppose i might have settled into their ways a little more? Idk. Certainly if the internet didnt exist I’d probbaly be more centrist or something :thinking:

My family are all very much just variants on our parents, in looks, behaviour, and everything.

I’m the closest to being a cuckoo, in that I didn’t become a musician, but I think that’s partly down to constantly feeling insecure/inadequate in comparison (was always good at music theory), which is probably quite bog standard youngest sibling stuff tbh.

My mum’s brother is a free market economist, and her sister is a psychic medium/Gaian priestess, but weirdly they’re actually very similar: one of them believes in voodoo weirdness that has no real basis in reality, AND THE OTHER ONE IS A HIPPY wheyyyyyy

7 Likes

I’m a cuckold

5 Likes

Then sit in your chair and watch this thread without speaking until I instruct you to

17 Likes

I’ve been referred to as a chicken* and a duck, but not a cuckoo.

*not in the cowardly way. i hope, otherwise my aunt has been sneakily insulting me for years. i’d ask but i’m afraid of the answer. OH GOD.

I’m different from my family in that I have no interest in sports specifically, but at least on my dad’s side of the family all the men have been massive dorks, just for different things.

1 Like