Are you a keyboard shortcut wanker?

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes

0 voters

2 Likes

Without alt-tab I would never have stayed in a job for more than a week

5 Likes

Always found the Windows+D combination useful at work.

2 Likes

I used to be, now I struggle with all that young person stuff. 37 and I have no idea what I’m doing anymore. Someone visit me in the home.

2 Likes

I am more of a ‘close tab with middle mouse button’ wanker, can’t get enough of that.

although it comboes well with ctrl+shift+t

Where’s my tab

12 Likes

Felt like Mr. Computer when I discovered Windows+L, but otherwise I can’t be bothered with that life.

1 Like

Absolutely. Makes old people (i.e. anyone over the age of 35) think you’re an absolute be wizard.

Got a tiling layout in Linux that can be entirely controlled by keyboard shortcuts, for fun :nerd_face:

1 Like

Seeing someone copy and paste using right click menus is physically painful.

I don’t say anything, obviously, just quietly write that person off forever.

2 Likes

what’s the fun one where you can turn the screen upside down? Used to be fun doing that to people

something and arrow keys

Sometimes I use Alt-F4 in online games to boost my performance

1 Like

should have a list of cool shortcuts in this thread imo

Ctrl - Windows Key - Arrow keys = minimising and maximising windows (just learnt this one which is exciting)

Win+E for a new a explorer window is surprisingly good

3 Likes

I can auto pilot a lot better with keyboard shortcuts. I’m also way more productive whilst working on a phonecall

Mouse is for suckeres once you learn to tab around the screen

1 Like

didn’t know that one either, thank you for your service

1 Like

Windows + direction to set up your screen perfectly whilst normals drag and drop stuff around like fools

1 Like

Win+Q for a search prompt, can use it as a sort of application launcher. Useful for stuff that’s buried in sub menus like Calculator or Character Map

1 Like

quite like ctrl+enter in word (page break)

1 Like