Are you a letotherswinner?

You are playing a game or having some kind of friendly contest with people you like. You realise that you are doing better than your opponent. How do you react?

• Crush them mercilessly - it’s only a game
  • Hold back a bit to make it more competitive
  • Let them win so they enjoy the experience more

0 voters

Letting other people win in a contest is

• Disrespectful to other people
  • Fine for children
  • A nice gesture and shows compassion
  • All of the above/unsure

0 voters

Sometimes I don’t enjoy winning, it makes me feel awkward and embarrassed knowing how to react

• True
  • False

0 voters

Feel really awkward when beating somebody at something that i know they’re actually better than me at

Especially when i can tell they really don’t wanna lose but they’re kind of putting a brave face on. Would much rather lose to them in that situation

2 Likes

Absolutely battered my ex missus’ nephew on fifa on christmas day one year.

He said he was good and i beat him 12-0 and then he didn’t want to play any more when i told him he was rubbish.

8 Likes

If you win and you smile - smug prick enjoying themselves too much!
If you win and you don’t react - thinks they’re too cool, how arrogant!
If you win and overcompliment your rival - condescending arsehole!

Very difficult situation to be in

3 Likes

Totally depends on who it is and what we are playing

Deff used to go super easy on the kids at video games, then one day my son became unbeatable

If it’s a game of pool you better believe I’m playing to win

1 Like

Yeah I don’t have any competitive bones in my body and start playing with the rules of anything I’m doing instead

4 Likes

8 Likes

who is this?

Laying off on the kids can backfire though when it flips and you decide you are bored out of your mind and wished you’d played properly from the off so it would’ve been over already

some kid

2 Likes

Poker £5 buy in

• All in after half an hour - poker is too boring
  • Stick it out to the bitter end even if it takes hours

0 voters

I feel embarrassed and awkward and don’t know how to react outwardly… but i fucking love winning, absolutely love it. even if I have to poker face/be apologetic to the person, you bet if it’s a great win I’m going to the toilets and having it large when no one can see.

I’m not ever going to feel bad about that. competitions are thrilling, makes for great TV and can push people to feel their most profound emotions whether they win or lose.

2 Likes

Somebody makes an incorrect move or interprets the rules incorrectly

• Whatever
  • Can I just see the rulebook for a minute…it says here that…
  • YOU CHEATED!

0 voters

you’re playing GoldenEye/Halo in splitscreen

• Peek at the other person’s screen so you know when to snipe them - you know they are doing it too, it’s kill or be killed!
  • Fight with honour and concede the tactical advantage to your opponent

0 voters

Actually I occasionally do hold back a bit in Scrabble when I’m crushing someone and one time they came back and beat me and harped on about it for ages. It’s complacent and disrespectful to assume they won’t get themselves back in the game and it’s embarrassing for you. never again

1 Like

For me there’s a tipping point where I would rather lose than feel really awkward about crushing somebody else. A close win is the best of all outcomes

The most noble thing you can do is play to the best of your ability

4 Likes

I can’t pay attention when I have to learn the rules to a game so tend to play it badly then go off alone and play with my tamagotchi or something