• I am too
  • I am not

0 voters

Another cracking thread

2 Likes

I’m also a secret lemonade drinker

3 Likes

Bullshit

Sometimes if there is lager in the house I will pop the lemonade in it to make it less disgusting, so it’s actually true I’m afraid.

Great thread for #languagesweek, @AQOS my dear fellow!

1 Like

That’s a good system, lemonade is much nicer than lager and I find it hilarious that all the lads pretend it isn’t

3 Likes

Lager dash (not lager top, that’s different) is a vastly underrated drink.

3 Likes

You wouldn’t think so given the state of my speaking and writing sometimes, but I really am!

Also, shandy is not particularly nice imo. Soz.

1 Like

What’s the difference between a lager dash and a lager top, in terms of ratios?

Ratios are the same, but a ‘dash’ goes in first and permeates the whole drink, changing the taste and making it lighter etc. whereas a ‘top’ goes in after the beer and is designed to make the first sip or two extra-refreshing. Each should be about 2cm.

3 Likes

Ah. I did not know this (nor could I find it on google). Thanks!

1 Like

Dash is better cause with a top you get used to a nice refreshing taste and then the lager after seems heavy and less nice. Cider dash is better than both, obviously.

1 Like

I’d like @anon19035908’s opinion on lager and lime please xoxox

2 Likes

Fine if you like that kind of thing, not for me though. Like having sugar in tea.

1 Like

Thanks, my friend. Database updated.

Classic hoogy, always has to be different

1 Like

How should you define ‘native speaker’?

• Based on origin: the language(s) one learned first
  • Based on internal identification: the language(s) one identifies with/as a speaker of
  • Based on external identification: the language(s) one is identified with/as a speaker of, by others
  • Based on competence: the language(s) one knows best
  • Based on function: the language(s) one uses most

0 voters

Not anymore

Torn between origin and internal id

1 Like