Are you a siestas person?

I always try to get an afternoon powernap in. 45 mins to an hour on the settee. Give the brain a bit of a reset, etc.

Can’t do it. Have trouble enough getting to sleep at nighttime let alone during the day

5 Likes

Very bad at napping. Takes me a long time to fall asleep and a long time to wake up. Massively envy those who can do it and wish them all the very best

3 Likes

Can’t nap, won’t nap

Fucking hate naps. Always feel worse after

3 Likes

can’t take daytime naps, they tend to make me a bit irritable

used to be too restless for naps but since I started taking anti depressants I’ve start to drift off as soon as I perch on my sofa. I like it

i’m on a siesta diet. i see esta, i eat it!

8 Likes

As soon as I sit down I fall asleep.

Dunno how people enjoy journeys and stuff like that, as soon as I get on a train or a bus I pan out within seconds.

1 Like

Man I wish I could do that. Cherish that talent, cherish it.

1 Like

I’m vehemently anti-nap. Takes ages to fall asleep at night let alone in the daytime and then I wake up feeling like a zombie for hours afterwards. Not worth it in the slightest.

3 Likes

Feeling worse after a nap is an alien concept to me.

didn’t used to be. as soon as I moved to Spain, I eased into it almost immediately without realizing though. something to do with the weird time zone messing your body clock up a bit/the heat/everything closing for 3-4 hours in the middle of the day.

recommend it, had one this arvo.

2 Likes

What time do people in Spain go to bed and get up, generally speaking? Does school, work, etc, still generally start at 8-9 like here? The idea of having a meal late pickles my head.

North Portugal more like! :wink: :joy: :rofl: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

school starts weirdly early at like 7:45 in some places, and people go to work a bit earlier too for some reason. but people go to bed really late too - like 12/1am is probably considered normal. again, think its because we´re an hour ahead and it get dark later. partly why the siesta exists too.

also, the main meal is generally eaten at lunchtime - more of a lunch equivalent at night for some reason. That´s the part I’ve never really adjusted properly to, especially since you’re not really up for a big meal when its 35 degrees out.

Absolutely bloody love daytime sleeping, but don’t do it all that often anymore. Always feel really groggy afterwards, takes me a good whole to recover.

2 Likes

Im both a siesta person AND a fiesta person.

Disaster if I fall asleep during the day usually. Waking up feeling filthy and groggy, won’t sleep at bedtime, that’s gonna have a knock on effect for a few days. No thank you.

Can sometime be an effective hangover cure though

1 Like

Had a nap earlier, bloody love a nap. Only have them when I need them though, once or twice a month I reckon. Usually mid to late afternoon I’ll realise I’m shattered and go and have an hour’s lie down. Sorts me right out.

1 Like