Are you bendy?

I am. Weirdly bendy. It’s a bit strange. Don’t know if it’s genetics or having ballet lessons when I was really young, both probably. No idea how I haven’t lost it as an adult, but then I sit and sleep like a pretzel so that probably keeps some of it going.
Like, I can twist my arms round and scratch any part of my back (only realised that was weird this morning, my friend was saying how she’s got an itchy back so is using a pen), get my legs behind my head and touch my toes without warming up. It’s quite odd. In another life I would’ve been in the circus.

How about you? How bendy out of 10? I’d say I’m an 8 if I warm up, my friend says she’s a 5. We’ll do an average, for my spreadsheets.

How bendy are you out of 10?

0 voters

That’s not the only way of rating bendiness though! Maybe you have bendy fingers?

Bit shocked the average is so low, maybe I’ve been overconfident here

1 Like

I feel significantly un-bendy and I don’t really know what to do about it. Been to a few yoga classes and I feel like I can only bend in three places compared to all the other pretzels in the class

Follow-up poll for the blokes…

1 Like

I have very bendy fingers and wrists but that’s it. My elbows hyper extend but not sure that’s bendy.

1 Like

I’m pure rigid, like a barbie

1 Like

I’d count it!

is this the filth thread?
i’m watching a sexy star trek tng episode

4 Likes

Extremely bendy and have hypermobile joints, which has its advantages and disadvantages. The main disadvantage is easy injury. I’ve dislocated one of my shoulders more times than I can count.

Last time I went to the osteopath for some back issues, he asked me to turn in a certain way, and then looked perturbed and said “well you’re not supposed to be able to move your shoulder like that”

4 Likes

Stiff as a board m8. Although the TV was surprised about how not shit at twister I was when we played the other day (just long, innit)

1 Like

Suppose it could be, yeah. I’ll edit the title.

Not bendy but my knees hyperextend backwards and I’ve got some finger joints that I can yank out of their sockets farther than is supposedly normal.

A physio once told me that I must have some kind of connective tissue disorder. Dr Mrs Epimer reckons I have mild Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.

1 Like

Heard you need good flexibility and a fairly large dong to manage this, so I shouldn’t even bother

1 Like

Wheeeeeeeeeeeey

2 Likes

Was googling that the other day, apparently there’s some sort of test you can do to assess the bendiness. Forgotten what it’s called now though, haven’t I. Begins with a b.

Beighton score!!

1 Like

‘Bendiness Test’

5 Likes

I could touch my toes pre lockdown but not now :slightly_frowning_face:

I am so unbendy. I can do stuff like scratch my whole back and all that, and I can turn my feet around so they point backwards (not all the way, but a fair old way), but that’s really just a function of how I’m constructed rather than mobility. All my joints crack, I can’t touch my toes. I think I was quite bendy as a kid, but now, nope. My shoulders have a tendency to pop out a bit if I have to reach for things a long way away, like under the sofa for example, but they’re not really hypermobile, I think I just try too hard and end up pulling muscles and tweaking stuff. Mess.

1 Like

I do yoga twice a week and some poses I find easy but I think my hamstrings are tight so I can’t get down flat in a sitting forward fold like some can. I think I’m pretty flexible for a bloke, but when there are women in the class you can see they are so much more flexible.

2 Likes