Are you ready to die?

Len is. I think as I get older I can at least imagine getting to a point where I feel ready to die. Also I’ve got a bad back at the minute so that’s helping.

How would you like to die? I’d like to pass slowly and painlessly outside looking at the stars. Doubt I’ll get that like.

I think about this more often than I should. Think I probably am in terms of a lack of loose ends to tie up if that makes any sense. Not going to drop a load of debt on my wife and family. No longer a child so it won’t be seen as that tragic.

This will sound a lot worse than it is but I’m kind of indifferent to it I guess, I mean, I don’t want to die or anything but if it happens it’s not like it really matters is it.

It’s quite hard to come to terms with just not existing. Not even existing enough to feel bad for not existing.

1 Like

On top of a pile of money with many beautiful ladies.

1 Like

lucky ladies

Practically begging for it in some ways, but feel like I can’t because of the people who care about me. I had a frank conversation with my friend who said they feel the opposite, like they need to be out of the way and it’d just be better for everyone if they disappeared. Don’t know which one is harder.

1 Like

When I die I’m going to turn in to an eagle, so it’s all good.

1 Like

Yeah, fuck it, won’t have to work/think/emote anymore. Just make it quick, and I’m not good with blood,

Definitely not. And seeing as everyone else around me seems to be dying (well, two people), it’d be really awful timing. (Having said all that, I have sensible stuff in place like term assurance and life assurance, and I’m not in debt, so the CCBs wouldn’t be left impoverished).

Doesn’t matter if you’re ready or not, does it.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY Y’ALL

You were all thinking it

7 Likes

NO.

i reckon ‘not waking up from anaesthesia’ would be the ideal way to go. touch wood i won’t regret saying that

me too!

Been somewhat depressingly thinking about this a lot recently as a friend of the family, aged 40, has been diagnosed with cancer and has been told there’s nothing more they can do. The thought of knowing my time is almost up absolutely terrifies me – if I get hit by a car and die instantly, no bother. Quite frequently have “Isn’t it mad that everyone dies” thoughts too.

Happy hump day everyone!

On loads of heroin.

1 Like

Have huge FOMO about missing something really significant happening. So not really

the whole idea of everything to do with death used to terrify me. the idea of nothingness, not existing anymore, forever. even the idea of heaven is terrifying isn’t it. being in heaven FOREVER.

i’ve become a lot less bothered in recent years, which is maybe more of a bad sign than good.