Argos: It’s Lovely

Aye having one in the Sainsburys local to us is pretty handy.
Bought a new toaster out of it last week.

1 Like

Yeah, a lifesaver for staying off Amazon. There’s one by my work that always seems to have what I’m after, really useful being able to just stop in on the way home and pick stuff up.

1 Like

Yeah this is annoying, I wanted a piece of tech recently and they had it at full price but then one random colour variant was half price on clearance. So I click through to that one obviously and it is :x: UNAVAILABLE :x: for either collection or home delivery. Irked.

I wrote this Argos-adjacent romantic story in 2018

20 Likes

Argosii if discussing multiple Argosii

2 Likes

I’m on my way to Glasgow and one side of my earbuds has just died. Now there’s a fresh pair awaiting collection at Argos in Glasgow city centre, all thanks to @xylo and this thread :pray:

3 Likes

Once posted about 6 Argos catalogues into a post box when I was younger and thought it was a right laugh for about 10 seconds

3 Likes

That does sound like a right laugh to be fair

6 months working in the stockroom has really damaged me for life. Even though it was 12 years ago now. Most unpleasant job I’ve ever had.

1 Like

Yes. Also Habitat and ‘Tu’ whatever that is

Yeah I’m getting a bit nostalgic over it, might have to do it again

To me, Tu

2 Likes

Woah fr? I thought Sainsbo’s were just letting Argos crash in the spare room while they’re on hard times

2 Likes

Quite a good slogan that actually, gonna pitch it to them

Fucking hell, what company ISN’T Sainsbo’s these days? Strewth.

Hope I get to go to Argos again before I die

3 Likes

When she first moved here in 2006 my wife thought Argos was a revelation and thought Australia would love it.

I reckon they would have. You get Kmart over there which is similar in terms of scope but most of their stuff is own-brand. What I like about Argos is so much is proper brand stuff.

No i meant the name of the business. I was convinced it was Sainsbury not Sainsburys

Oh right. Lord Sainsbury owns/owned (?) a shop. Seem to recall they used to actually have “J. Sainsbury’s” as the sign in the 80s.

I’m the kind of guy who purchased his Nintendo Switch via Click & Collect and picked it up from Argos in Catford back in June 2017

7 Likes