Arrested Development

Oh yeah, when are the next ones coming? I’d rather they put them on one per week than this half the season in one go thing tbh

2 Likes

Yeah I really enjoy that, going on reddit or here to read dissections and theories on each episode, maybe even a podcast

3 Likes

“Later in the year”

1 Like

nah i’d say even by season 2 or 3 he’d been Flanderised a good bit and Hale was playing him far more cartoonishly and ridiculously. i feel like he might have scaled it back a little bit in this season, and he’s still always been enjoyable, but when you go back to the beginning of the show there’s a great subtlety to him

I miss franklin

6 Likes

This ^ ! Viewing The Return in this way was a great example!

2 Likes

I looked forward to Monday nights so much during that time. I can’t believe it’s been a year already.

1 Like

Exactly! The anticipation in the run up to the next episode almost killed me. Have you rewatched it all again yet?

I’m thinking a full TP rewatch will be my treat for finishing my dissertation so i might do that towards Autumn (good Twin Peaks time is Autumn)

1 Like

I binged the original run plus Fire Walk with some buddies last autumn so yep I also get the association with TP and the leaves changing their colour :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Watched five episodes of this so far. Would even go as far to say it’s worse than Season 4. They’ve forgotten to include any new humour, there’s a few tired throwbacks instead. It’s so slow now as well. The Rebel Alley story is tedious beyond belief. I’ve had to stop watching it because it’s making me question why I loved it so much in the first place.

1 Like

didn’t mind this season overall so far, perhaps due to lowered expections. but,

yes, very much yes.

given no one cared much about season 4 they should really have tried to wrap up most of those loose ends pretty quickly. they can keep in the election stuff and Lucille 2 mystery but that’s really enough. imagine if they were still doing episodes about Marta by season 2.

though as i mentioned above somewhere, i have a feeling they’ve maybe dragged the Rebel Alley stuff out because they didn’t really know what else to do with George Michael?

1 Like

mentioning her has just reminded me how much this image cracks me up every single time

don’t even know why

7 Likes

was feeling very pleased with myself for buying seasons 1 and 2 for £2.30 on ebay

until i saw the 1-3 boxset for £1.99

7 Likes

i remember them being about £20 each back in the day. was delighted when they were finally reduced to a tenner a piece, one at a time.

3 Likes

“I’ve made a huge mistake”

6 Likes

we’re living in a golden age of reasonably priced dvds

It picks up a fair bit in the last two episodes but otherwise this isn’t really much better than season 4. I probably should have expected that though.

Missed a trick there by not putting

3 Likes