Art Exhibitions (rolling)

Obviously not a fan of the Marxist dialectic

1 Like

Big fan of this guy (Katsu)

Doing a show in London at Omni Gallery on Sept 8th.

3 Likes

Just been to the MIF/factory programme launch

Once again the “entirely new commissions” thing being stretched to its limits. Yayoi Kusuma exhibiting all her previously made inflatables but all in one place. Bit predictable, but errr isnt she racist?

The chap who does the inflatable planets but shoning lights “into the sky”

Danny Boyle and boy blue doing a dance of The Matrix

Had been thinking about going to this (it’s got a bit by Gazelle Twin) but the below review voices my main fear :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, I really wanted to go to this but something about all the mention of joy division and mark e smith I’ve read has massively put me off despite loads of 5 star reviews.

1 Like

Going to the Cezanne exhibition at Tate Modern next week, pretty excited ngl

1 Like

I can get into this free on Tuesdays, so will have a look

2 Likes

Please report back :+1:

1 Like

Hard to miss, but do check out the Cecilia Vicuna pieces in the Turbine Hall.

2 Likes

Went to this the other week. Very good.

When we first moved to London, we’d go to exhibition openings all the time as they always had free booze. Decided to get back into it. This one had free Asahi and wine (that Chin Chin Vinho Verde everyone’s drinking at the moment). Great night and cool knowing you can still have a fun night out for free in London.

Plus I’m old enough now to look like I might actually be able to buy a piece (I can’t lol).

2 Likes

I’d go to the Chris Killip show if I was in London

(I might get the book)

1 Like

Looking forward to checking this out, Horror in the Modernist Block - Exhibition - Ikon

3 Likes

Oooo I’ll have to get another “work” trip planned

1 Like

Definitely want to go and see the new Richard Long exhibition while it’s on

2 Likes

:eyes: oooh definitely want to catch this!

I’ve been keeping my eyes open to see if there are ever any prints of things from walks he may have done over the South Downs. He MUST have done one at some point, surely, but I can’t find anything at all

Anyone seen anything good lately? Want to see a couple of shows this week.

1 Like

This is good.

1 Like

I went to the Carolee Schneemann ‘Body Politics’ exhibition at the Barbican and it was great. I spent a good couple of hours in there. Would definitely recommend.

I also went to the LuYang ‘Neti neti’ exhibition at Chalk Farm which was interesting and odd but sensory overload for me (I left with a headache).

3 Likes

I have seen and liked:

• Cezanne @ Tate Modern - huge overview of his life and work, with many loans from major museums
  • Carolee Schneemann @ Barbican Art Gallery - the physical art is very interesting, especially her later work, but the video art is all a bit dated, it may have been revolutionary at the time, but it looks a bit naff now
  • Strange Clay @ The Hayward - brilliant exhibition showcasing showcasing contemporary ceramics - if you like pottery and plates this one is not for you
  • Amy Sherald @ Hauser & Wirth - one of America’s most talented portrait painters displays her latest huge colorful canvases, influenced by some classic art and artists (closes this Friday)

Not seen yet but on the list:

• Friends and Relations @ Gagosian Grosvenor Hill - works by Lucian Freud, Francis Bacon, Frank Auerbach and Michael Andrews from the 1960s, when they were roaming Soho
  • Soheila Sokhanvari @ Barbican Curve - geometric patterns based on traditional Islamic design and exquisite miniature portraits of glamorous cultural figures from Iran
  • Richard Mosse @ 180 The Strand - immersive video installation taking you deep in the heart of the Brazilian Amazon (closes 30 December)

Most commercial London art galleries have closed now for the Christmas period and won’t reopen until early January.

1 Like