Artists that need a 'Best Of' album

That’s what Finally Rich (deluxe version) basically is tho

erm what lol no it isnt smh

you need to listen to him more before making wild disrespectful statements like that lmao

chief keef’s discography makes most modern musicians look lazy as fuck

can’t disagree with your last point.

finally rich is great cos it was a collection of all his big singles up until that point plus a bunch of other stuff that shows his range (citgo, ballin, kobe). not saying he hasn’t done anything else worthwhile since, but to a passing fan I’d comfortably rec FR as a best-of if-you-like-this-then-dive-deeper type of thing

1 Like

@yuggy Built To Spill would be a good one.

I think it might have been mentioned before, but

Coldplay (not that I’d ever listen to it)

When I want to listen to a new band I’m never sure whether I should start with a ‘Best Of’ or just dive into an album. I usually do the latter because I believe albums are a richer, more rewarding experience, but maybe I’m not getting a broad enough overview of their work and I usually end up dismissing a whole band if I don’t like one album.

I’m just ideologically against Best Ofs altogether because they don’t feel ‘natural’. There are some exceptions but generally they’re for shit cunts and they belong in the bin.

I added that last bit in the edit and now I can’t edit it out argh

lol yeah very reasonable agreed

i am a huge stan though all of his shit is fire

a great modern artist

I just want to say I feel bad typing that. I don’t mean that at all, I’m just venting about a few people irl who have little interest in music and seem to trample on my affinity for music by always putting the Top 40 on…

1 Like

In all honesty the only best ofs I have are from people like The Supremes, Roy Orbison and other acts that are mostly about the singles and their albums were largely filled with filler.

I started this thread simply because there are some acts (many who are unlikely to release a best of) which I simply dont have the time or desire to trawl through their discography. I simply like a few songs and would like to have it in one easy organised place.

I think a Laura Marling one would be great, M83, The National, PJ Harvey. I suppose Kasabian will probably release one soon.

…and you will know us by the trail of the dead.

I kinda stopped paying attention after ST&C

I think Tao Of The Dead is very good and listen to Worlds Apart every once in a while. The rest? Not so much.

Fidlar. Both their albums are a bit monotonous to sit through, but their top songs are really fantastic. After another couple of albums (hopefully they make it that far) a compilation of their best stuff would be great.

Well, Christmas is coming so there’s bound to be a good few shameless ‘Best Of’ cash-in albums arriving.

Cynicism aside though, it would be good to have a Best Of for the following -

Muse
Queens Of The Stone Age
Kyuss (a proper Best Of - not like the Muchas Gracias album)
The White Stripes
Rocket from the Crypt
Nine Inch Nails
The Strokes

I abhor Best Of’s.

Just listen to the actual albums. Much better that way.