Artists that still don't have their back catalogue on Spotify

Well that’s what I always assumed, but if Paul’s Boutique is on there…

Johnathan Fire*Eater

Also really annoying that all of Sun Kil Moon’s albums are on Spotify except the two I want to listen to the most.

4 Likes

ffs glenn

3 Likes

Haha, yeah this pissed me off the other day. Really wanted to see the clip of Beavis and Butthead watching it as well but couldn’t find that on youtube.

1 Like

Not sure if anybody is finding the same thing here, but You Forgot it in People only has 4 tracks available on Spotify

Just watched the (non-B&B) video. That bit where he kills the chicken at the end, am I meant to find that hilarious?

just spooky, I think

Royal Trux.

Coil

The Red House Painters album with All Mixed Up on it. Boxes by Swimmer

And the Catherine Wheel debut album

1 Like

Drives me crazy!

Also: Silver Jews.

everyone on drag city basically

The KLF
Joanna Newsom

Loads of things I’ve never listened to, because they’re not on Spotify in the first place.

1 Like

Yup, also why they have early Ty Segall only (aside from a couple of later singles or EPs on other labels)

In general, though, I think it’s pretty amazing. When I first took it up I thought there’d be loads more, say, old school acts who wouldn’t allow it.

Mainly I look at my eternal frustration with Netflix, and how few even basic classics it has, and think Spotify do a pretty good job.

The one track missing thing is fairly irksome. All the earlier Wooden Shjips releases are like that on there too, though the last couple of records are fine

Pretty much the only reason I ever use YouTube is to listen to Tool and songs off Lemonade.

My video recommendations are fucked UP.

You can only get Gorky’s Zygotic Mynci’s major label stuff, none of the Ankst recordings (which are by far their best) :frowning:

1 Like