Artists with the potential to still be going strong in 30+ years time

J-Dilla will continue to live on through annual reissues of Donuts.

4 Likes

Reckon Newsom will keep putting out something very good every 5 years or so for a long while

This time pressed on 30 individually coloured flexi discs!

1 Like

I reckon if I make it to 60 there will definitely be Ed Sheeran and Coldplay tours in the world still.

Hopefully Kendrick Lamar will be knocking about making some weird disparate avant garde poetic albums

also Tom Waits will live another 30 years

I think Sufjan is a good shout - he was someone I had in mind in my original post.

Thought about the National also as others have mentioned but figured they’re a little old already and given their various other pursuits might pack it in at some point.

A couple not yet mentioned - I think the war on drugs could still be cruising around for years to come, and as a hot take I’m gonna say Mitski could also still be doing something whacky in a couple of decades time and putting stuff out there.

hopefully Kurt Vile

1 Like

All 50 states DONE.

13 Likes

In 30+ years time Soof will be 70+, imagine him at 70+, I don’t even know what that will be like but he’s such a magical person.

Whether or not it’s with Big Thief, I get the sense Adrianne Lenker is going to release a lot of great stuff.

1 Like

Reckon Sufjan is the type that could get completely disillusioned/bored with making music tbh. Has the talent to pull it off though.

Dinosaur Jr will still be making good albums and playing great shows even though they don’t like each other

2 Likes

J Mascis will definitely live forever. Going to see him feb 22nd at this wicked small venue in Hamden, CT. Very very pumped.

1 Like

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

4 Likes

I think so too. This song was all-time hit.

I’m gonna say St Vincent. Genuinely talented and interested in trying out new things. Seems like a recipe for longevity. I suspect that she might go off and do something non music related at some point though

loads of the new UK jazzers will transition into impossibly cool old masters. Shabaka will be blasting through the cosmos with a big grey beard.

Probably. No one seems to notice they release the same album every two years…

Bowie

1 Like

Will undoubtedly co-headline the 100th anniversary of T in Park with Travis.

1 Like

probably George fucking Ezra