Artists without a duffer in their entire back catalogue

hotopinions

TBH I was mainly trolling but I just checked and it’s s fairly solid track listing.

I’d only say there’s two there I don’t like

Tbf you mentioned them in the other thread which is basically the same as this one

I was thinking of doing it but I didnt want to repeat myself!

Jaguar Love on the other hand…ooft!

Its still extraordinary how much the Beatles did in 10 years

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

hello goodbye is wank

you might be right but that’s a pretentious load of guff right there I’m afraid.

It’s from this http://www.scaruffi.com/vol1/beatles.html
It’s a shit meme, I’m not sure why I posted it

I do like the QOTSA albums mentioned in this thread but surely QOTSA is their best album. It’s the one I would still pick to listen to by a mile. Probably think they’ve got progressively a little bit worse with each album. The last one has a track that reminds me of Robbie Williams on it.

bit long for a meme right? Is a meme now just something someone said once?

it’s a good way to quickly rile up Beatles fans, so it serves its purpose.

If it wasn’t for Plot I’d agree, but for some reason I can’t get into that album and I bloody love all of the others.

Rated R = Songs for the Deaf > Era Vulgaris > Like Clockwork > QOTSA > Lullabies to Paralyze

isn’t it possible to think that the beatles wrote some great catchy songs but ultimately had nothing “cultural” to say and that’s still an achievement? Music fans really need to get over themselves don’t they.

*Edited

Rated R = Songs for the Deaf > Era Vulgaris > Like Clockwork = QOTSA > Lullabies to Paralyze

Hmmm. Could understand some level of debate with the first two albums, and at a stretch Songs for the Deaf too, but Like Clockwork being better or as good as QOTSA is pretty bonkers. Never seen them play the Like Clockwork stuff so maybe that’s why I have less attachment to it, but some of it is pretty tame.

This really is a blight on an otherwise outstanding career.

I took it back to the shop after one listen. Interminable. I tried again recently, and still glad I got my money back.

For my money, Nick Zammuto still hasn’t put a foot wrong. Four excellent albums with The Books, and two superb solo albums and an EP.

Magical Mystery Tour is one of the best things they did!