Artists without a duffer in their entire back catalogue

cool. i’m repeating it for emphasis.

Their last two albums are very poor by their standards, but you’re right - they’re by no means shit.

I can think of many bands with predominantly great back catologues but one or two average/quite-good entries but the following are bands for whom all albums I would rate at an 8/10 or above

Bands with 3 or more records as I found plenty with 2 or less albums…

Explosions in the Sky (the debut and the last one scraping an 8)
Slowdive
Simon & Garfunkel
Sunny Day Real Estate
Galaxie 500
Low (just about)
Bill Fay
16 Horsepower
Cocteau Twins (just about…maybe)
Ornette Coleman
Codeine

Everything Jason Molina did, songs:ohia, magnolia electric co, solo stuff, all amazing.

3 Likes

Not many duffers amongst their solo material either.

Nah. I love explosions but the two that came after Cold Dead Place are crap.

Brand New fans are a pretty fickle bunch. A lot of us like (love) Daisy though. Different strokes for different folks.

2 Likes

Liars?

2 Likes

Thee Oh Sees
Ty Segall

1 Like

Young Thug

UGK

Outkast

Future

Beethoven

probably bach and brahms too

Having specifically excluded Arcade Fire from the OP, I’m now revisiting this thread to add Arcade Fire to the list of bands with five or more albums who qualify.

No hand wringing required…

Even Pablo Honey isn’t a duffer so Radiohead can be in this thread, IMO.

If you hadn’t specified 5 albums I’d have put in Ghostpoet as he’s just released his fourth and it’s another blinder.

I actually had that album in my hands this very lunchtime - got the Black Angels album instead…

Liked everything I’ve heard of his and enjoyed him very much the only time I’ve seen him live, but just don’t seem to have had the time to properly get into him. Feels like he should be bigger by now?

1 Like

Mark Kozelek until Among the Leaves. 20 years of genius unfuckwithable awesomeness followed by 5 years of Wesley Willis sleep talking.

Aereogramme

3 Likes

Talk Talk

3 Likes

Camera Obscura

Teenage Fanclub