Artists without a duffer in their entire back catalogue

Thirteen is pretty ropey isn’t it?

I incurred some serious wrath by suggesting Is This Music? was pretty rotten on here a while ago, but I’d still say it is.

Can’t think of any duffers across the four Doves albums.

1 Like

Well, it is really. Couple of decent songs but still a duffer overall

3 Likes

Gah, just read the OP and realised it was back catalogue duffers in the form of albums, not necessarily every song they released being good.

what are Ty’s best albums? i listened to Melted and the singles comp a while back and they were alright but didn’t really grab me much, but i really like a couple of his EPs, especially the recent Fried Shallots one

oh Slaughterhouse was a decent album as well

Came in to say Joanna Newsom but I woz ere b4.

1 Like

you’ll have to pop back in about 10 years when she proves you right with her 5th album

Mate she just had a kid who’s already got a new record on the way

I can’t wait for Andy Samberg to appear on her next album.

1 Like

It’s a shame that apart from Funeral and Neon Bible, they’re all duffers :weary:

I mean, they’ve all got good tracks, but as full albums? Nah

1 Like

I’m a bit behind with Ty’s catalogue in all honesty! Mainly due to most of his recent albums not being on Spotify. I really dug Slaughterhouse too plus his collab albums with White Fence and Mikal Cronin. I saw him on both the Emotional Mugger & Sleeper tours and thought he was a cracking live act. Really making a deranged racket for the EM show whilst also creating a delightful Neil Young sound for the Sleeper gig.

I remember earlier in the year @mouth_breather was really rating his most recent self titled LP! Pretty sure its on YouTube…?

yeah had a listen to a bit of it on youtube and sounds pretty decent. ended up buying Manipulator the other day after sampling a couple of tracks and seeing it rated as his best, enjoying it a lot. it’s a few tracks too long but that’s the only fault really

tempted to grab the White Fence one at some point

1 Like

Definitely pick up a copy of Hair if you see one about! 2012 was a great year for Ty what with releasing this ^, Slaughterhouse and his ‘solo’ album Twins all of which are belters!

yeah i’ve seen the vinyl in a couple of shops in town so may grab one at some stage

Do it! I wonder if White Fence / Tim Presley has anything in the works? Its been a while since their last LP…

Debut album is the shit. Followed by rated r songs for the deaf
Slow decline there after

Yeah really loved the new one. I’ve not gone very deep into his back catalogue but the others I’ve listened to have all been tipity top. Slaughterhouse as you mentioned probably being the highlight. He’s a bit like Thee Oh Sees and King Gizzard, too prolific to keep up. Like I loved Nonagon Infinity and Flying Microtonal Banana but only gave Murder of the Universe half a spin and haven’t even listened to the latest

MotU has great first and second 1/3s, not a fan of the last 1/3, puking cyborgs are not for me. The new one is really good, especially if you liked Quarters and Papier Mâché Dream Balloon

Ah see not a big fan of Papier. Instantly loved Nonagon but quickly found it a bit too full on to spend lots of time with, struggle to get to the end now. For me Microtonal Banana is the perfect balance of everything I’ve heard so far

1 Like

I’m In Your Mind Fuzz fits that bill too, worth a try if you’ve not spent much time with it