Arts & Crafts: A Rolling Thread

I actually posted my last craft in the knitting thread too as didn’t want to keep spamming this one. Think you’d like it @wileycat - based on our beautiful great grey owl Oulu!

So far this year, I’ve mainly been working on my big puppetry project. Not sure if I’d share much more of that in here though, like to keep it mostly to myself until I really get a handle on what it is.

Aside from that, I’ve been designing some games! They work well over Zoom, so are mainly digital for now, but am going to print and box a couple of them soon for post-pando-family-fun! I made my first one (based on an existing design) early last year:

Photos

AGoodWordGame-3 AGoodWordGame-4 AGoodWordGame-6

My favourite of my own designs is a sort reverse Scattergories, the catchy subtitle should more or less explain the concept. :slight_smile: :

Screenshots

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 19.08.27
Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 19.09.40
Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 19.08.10

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 19.07.45

3 Likes

We very sadly lost the goodest of all good boys just before Christmas. Here’s my little portrait of him I made for my parents and sister. :heart:

Process

10 Likes

Awww man. That’s a great portrait!

1 Like

Simple two-player stacking game. :slightly_smiling_face:

Rules:
Only the player with the dark pieces can score - they try to build as high as possible. The player with the light ‘point’ pieces tries to sabotage by stacking them awkwardly. The dark player can ‘bank’ the points and end the round by successfully placing the head piece on top. Double points if your stack survives a “Tumblin’ Tony Tail Twang!”

Made with beech, some felt and a spring!

10 Likes

This is brilliant! Immediately want to play.

1 Like

This is INCREDIBLE! You should get in touch with some toys companies!

1 Like

Haha, I’m SO bad at that side of things. Would happily just give the concept over to someone else to do all that sort of stuff for me. Always much more excited about what’s new and next!

Here’s one of the final films from my main personal project. :heart::telescope::heart:

Also added little sneak peek behind-the-scenes. :sparkles:

You can follow the whole project over on my insta: Rangus ⊙—⊙ (@hellorangus) • Instagram photos and videos

(Think this is a somewhat dead thread, feel a bit silly always posting, but thought I’d share anyway. :upside_down_face:)

3 Likes

I think it’s only “dead” in that we’ve got other threads in use for some crafts, so don’t feel silly posting in here!

2 Likes

Haha, okay that’s reassuring to hear. Will keep spamming! :wink:

1 Like

Nah, all the stuff you put up is amazing.

1 Like

What’s the best way to share video on here?

1 Like

A toolbox for my sister’s new furniture restoration business. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Wowsers!

1 Like

Just did like 16 lino prints and think I’ll need a fortnight for my shoulders to recover :see_no_evil:

Wasn’t even trying to do print quality pressing, so was going quite quickly and not pressing down so much but JFC I’d forgotten how hard it was. Wonder if the baren makes much difference (never going to do it enough to need a proper press)?

1 Like

Just finished building my new portable woodwork bench. So happy with how it turned out! So excited about what it will allow me to do! :blush:

Should say, based on this excellent design!:

12 Likes

First little project with my new workbench - a Minecraft Diamond Axe for my nephew’s birthday! :slight_smile:

Process

16 Likes

Incredible :smiley:

2 Likes

Tried some tie-dying for the first time ever yesterday. Pleased with the initial results. Gonna experiment some more…

10 Likes

i did a painting

12 Likes