As if it's only Tuesday

Saw them at v Festival when I was 12. Only went for their day, but the state of this line up

Fuck, I saw them with The Thrills a few weeks beforehand! Unfortunately we didnā€™t get the Strokes, it was as support for the fucking Red Hot Chili Peppers instead.

Canā€™t believe I missed big brovaz and Dido. Still kicking myself tbh

1 Like

Iā€™m working 9am to 9pm again today :frowning:

morning - at work feeling reasonably fresh

just waiting for some people who are late for their own call.

bike ride tonight

BYE

This is now the pixies thread

2 Likes

Morning,

Had a decent nightā€™s sleep last night, and Iā€™ve got into work and solved a couple of major headaches already, so the rest of the day will be fairly stress free.

The biggest stress is that we need to find some babysitters for next week though, and all our usual people are busy :frowning: Mind you, even if we could find a babysitter for next Friday itā€™s unlikely weā€™ll be able to get a restaurant because itā€™s pride weekend.

Oooohhhh myyyy god, I am so tired and stiff.

Got to prepare the flat for my Dad coming to visit! I am all the excites! Weā€™re going to go to the museum and do fun things. We havenā€™t done this sort of thing together since I was likeā€¦ 12 :smiley: Iā€™m actually a bit nervous, I hope he enjoys himself.

4 Likes

First song I thought of when Aggpass mentioned them!

1 Like

Debaser for me!

1 Like

The service station I was thinking about staying overnight at on Friday has apparently been voted the second worst in the country.

How bad could it possibly beā€¦?

I got a little cat flap for the litter box so I finally put it on yesterday and the cat then peeā€™d on a bean bag style pouffe.

Bye pouffe :wave:

I had a funny night sleep. I couldnā€™t understand why a large wooden garden ball had rolled into our bedroom and that I had taken a bite of it and then was choking on a part of the wood. Boyfriend was also baffled when I woke him up to ask him. Turns out there was nothing there of course.

Gonna walk to H&M at lunch to get some bits

Have to go to bloody Edinburgh againā€¦ though saves me being in the office for 5 days straight which I havenā€™t done in a few monthsā€¦

Sitters is a good site! All my London friends use it. Theyā€™re starting to expand up here and I plan to try them soon.

1 Like

I went to this!
Ahhh, how I fondly remember queuing for fucking ages to get beer vouchers and then queuing again for fucking ages to actually get beer.
Also everyone shouting ā€œDan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!ā€ because of that episode of Partridge. Fun.

Pixies were good mind. Despite the many, many sing-a-long pricks.

1 Like

It looks like Wednesday is now sorted, so Iā€™ve got a week to assemble a crack team to win the pub quiz. We used to win it every month, but attendance dropped and the good people stopped turning up so regularly, but Iā€™m going to guilt them into coming back because itā€™s two days before my birthday.

We still donā€™t have anyone for Friday, but maybe weā€™ll just have an early dinner out with Jimbo instead, then sit in the garden drinking in the evening instead.

1 Like

A colleague once described this scene to me in excruciating detail, struggling to get the words out through laughter, after Iā€™d said ā€œyesā€ when he asked if Iā€™d seen it.

So now I hate it.

cons of the part-time press summarising thing I do:
thereā€™s been a shit load of press stuff this week and I have other stuff I need to do

pros of the part-time press summarising thing I do:
getting to type ā€œA tweet is quoted that briefly references the idea of giving honorary degrees to terroristsā€

just been down to the lakes with a mate to grab a coffee.

One of the best lattes Iā€™ve ever had I reckon!

Walked home listening to some Quasi so that was a nice blast from the past!

Now to set aside 3 hours to worry about my dentist appointment