Ash - Rolling thread(?)

I like it. They do admit it’s a silly fun rock song though:

Tim Wheeler explains: “The day I wrote Buzzkill, it took me a while to stop laughing because it’s so fun, dumb and full of unnecessary swearing."

I do wonder if this is just a teaser and there will be a proper lead single nearer the time.

Yeah, can’t imagine this getting much radio play!

Quite like this on first listen. Hopefully the new one will be a bit more consistent than Kablammo which I thought was a bit of a let down after the insane amount of good tracks from A-Z.

Tim Wheeler really really likes the summer doesn’t he.

Even more than most people I wager.

6 Likes

Summer AND stars. His two favourite things.

5 Likes

Ohhhhh yeah.

1 Like

Wow this is… really bad

New song:

Less throwaway than Buzzkill. Reminds me of something from A-Z series (which is a good thing).

Y’know despite it being silly and throwaway I actually quite like it. More so than a lot of their lead singles. When I first heard Can’t Have It All and Polaris I was like :expressionless: (although they work better on the album) and I found the A-Z series and Kablammo to be growers rather then instant clicks.

Hmmmmm, I’ll listen to the new one, but it’s gonna take a lot to convince me that the lead single is not really bad.

1 Like

I was wondering if Buzzkill was a bit of a fun teaser before a proper ‘lead single’ bit like Warmer Than Fire before Shining Light, and that they went quiet for a couple of months and now released something that’s much more like a classic sounding Ash song makes me think that’s what they were trying to do.
I think this new one’s pretty great.

I’ve remembered they did it with Meltdown by releasing Clones (a weakish song with rubbish lyrics) before the first proper lead with Orpheus. Of course in the days of physical singles it was easer to differentiate between teasers and ‘proper singles’.

forgotten how much i loved that charlotte hatherley album

so great

4 Likes

Yeah, this is much better - sounds like Ash again.

2 Likes

Tried with this. Can’t get on with it

spent the rest of the afternoon listening to charlotte hatherley, turns out the rest of her stuff is just as good as her first album. didnt even know she’d done more than two

2 Likes

Did you hear three albums or four? Her last one was digital and vinyl only, but it’s now going to get a CD release after all.

just spotify on shuffle. dont think shes ever written a bad song tbf <3

1 Like

Nice little interview and acoustic set with Annabel, Buzzkill and A Life Less Ordinary.

Another new one. One of their more electronic ones. Bit of an annoying lyric rhyme in the chorus but a bit of a grower. Nice ending too.