Ash Wednesday thread

Morning all

M has her friend over so I can work, I can hear her telling her ‘mummy went all wavy last night’ which I wish I’d told the doctor :sweat_smile:

Attempting to wfh but have the Scorcese documentary on about George Harrison which isn’t really background viewing as I’m too invested.

1 Like

I’m in Barcelona :sunny: 13 degrees

12 Likes

Great, washing machine isn’t spinning. Fuck sake. Emptied the filter, let it sit and attempt to drain, but no joy. Bollocks

It’s a constant source of amazement that washing machines last as long as they do. Ours sounds like it’s trying to rip the kitchen apart whenever it does a spin. Surprised they ever last more than about 6 weeks.

Hope you feel fit enough to go again soon, pal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Morning, built my new chair and was very tempted to just sit in it and read over work but too many meetings for that.

Out of the blue someone at work has messaged me saying that I resemble Xavier in Wednesday. Reckon the paleness and lack of smiling is doing the heavy lifting on that comparison.

Morning all. Just got some good news - we’re getting a refund for Albert. For those who have been following the saga: the cat breeder misled us, saying he was fine when actually he was gravely ill. We threatened the breeder with small claims court, and to our surprise, he’s agreed to give us all the money back (and given us a copy of the vet notes, which prove he lied and didn’t tell us everything).

What the breeder doesn’t know, is that we’re still going to report him to the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy, who will most likely fine him (especially now that there is the hard-evidence he was deceptive).

Getting the money back is a huge relief, considering all the vet bills we’re paying off. I’ve also received financial compensation from my housing association - following a complaint that I’ve been pressing them on for most of a year. So I’ve gone from loosing sleep a couple weeks ago to now feeling like I can keep my head above water for a bit. Phew!

Have a good Wednesday everyone :cat2:

22 Likes

Great news matey x

2 Likes

I think this deserves some more Albert photos tbqh

3 Likes

4 Likes

Look after yourself!

What a great name

10 Likes

Thanks, seems like I had a partial seizure but the doc told me I just need to be better at breathing. So that’s that solved then :thinking:

1 Like

Gracias!

1 Like

Looks like it’s a motor issue, so assuming that the landlord will either have to fix or replace the machine. Considering we average about 10 washes a week, we’re boned.

Hi

Usual work going on but nothing too stressy. Got someone coming round shortly to bring me a spider plant and have a tea. Just realised I’m out of milk so I need to run to the happy shopper

Got yoga after work then I’m playing pool with @phantom_heart so a good day all round

Also my eldest got an interview for a doctorate course so that’s exciting too

5 Likes

After a msall hiccup testerday im now finally working again. In a phased return* so ove just finished my shift. Need to relearn some stuff and not super sharp but it couldve gobe way worse. Rewarding myself with a pizza

• for those who dont know ive basically been off work sick for 6 months with a couple of exceptions but they dodnt end as well as this so a long tine :rofl:
11 Likes

Well, as half expected, my department is getting outsourced.

Of everyone in the team, I’d hope that my role might still exist in the future state, but I wonder find out either way for a while.

we all know Ash Wednesday was a plot by Tim Wheeler

5 Likes

Sounds like quite a stressful thing to deal with, good luck