Atlanta (S4 from post 83)

That Jai Paul cameo in episode 3!? What the fuck!!?

1 Like

Finished the season last night. Insane stuff. What a show.

The first two episodes of Season 4 are out.

Iā€™ve only watched episode 1 but it was a cracker.

1 Like

Was expecting them on Disney+ but I guess States only just now :confused:

Aye I donā€™t think thereā€™s a UK release date as yet.

1 Like

Really frustrating when so much else gets simultaneously released.

Episode 2 was very good also, some incredible acting by Glover.

1 Like

Really enjoyed S3 but Iā€™m also very glad theyā€™re back in Atlanta. Itā€™s been a really strong start.

Rewatching S2 recently, and those final few episodes are unrelentingly bleak on repeat viewings - kind of hope they find a way to end things without it being a downer, even though thatā€™s fully what Iā€™m expecting!

1 Like

I was surprised to see new episodes show up already, feels like I just finished season 3 a month ago. I was either far behind or season came out quick.

Is s4 on Disney already?

Also feel like I only just watched series 3

The latter, season 3 was also this year (but only appeared on D+ a here a little while after it finished in the US).

This one finishes in the US in November so I would expect this to be on D+ in either December or January.

1 Like

I think they filmed 3 and 4 back to back and are releasing them 6 months apart.

1 Like

I thought episode 2 was outstanding, probably one of the best episodes theyā€™ve done so far.

2 Likes

Amazing how much better S4 has been so far compared to S3.

Big fan of the latest episode (The Goof who sat by the Door). Fantastic stuff. Best watched without knowing anything about it!

1 Like

I audibly gasped at the payoff

1 Like

Iā€™ve just watched it there, another genuinely incredible episode.

I love with Atlanta that you can put on an episode never knowing if itā€™s actually going to move the main story arc forward at all.

2 Likes

Finished the series last night.
Will most definitely be rewatching the entire series soon. Absolutely top tier stuff.

2 Likes

Yep, I really liked the way it ended. Not fully sure on what they do with Earn I thought Van was building up to leaving himā€¦ but all the endings have a ā€œlife-goes-onā€ vibe so it does make sense. Itā€™s also perhaps a more realistic thing to happen (that they continue dating in a relationship that might get better, might get worse), and itā€™s interesting to have these grounded moments against all of the wackiness Atlanta has going on.

I think Iā€™d rank the seasons as 2>4>3=1, but like you say, time to rewatch them all. Iā€™m surprised this isnā€™t more popular to be honest. Iā€™d rank this with the all-time great tv shows.

4 Likes

Finished season 4 last week and thought overall it was tremendous.

The way they managed to weave that sense of melancholy, comedy and absurdity together is truly impressive.

As @otto says, Iā€™m surprised itā€™s not more popular especially given how big of a star Donald Glover now is.

I really hope they relent and make Season 5 at some point or even just a spin off show for Darius.

2 Likes