Attacks in Sri Lanka

:frowning: this sounds awful. 8 blasts so far, some of which were at Christian sites celebrating Easter, and at least 130 dead. Military has just imposed curfew “until things settle down”

Though I realise they’re not very helpful my thoughts go out to the victims and their families. I don’t know if there’s anybody in the DiS community that lives in Sri Lanka or has family/friends there but if they do I hope they are all safe and unharmed.

Always good to remember that there are also lots of good people in this world.

7 Likes

Really upsetting. It’s Easter FFS

4 Likes

Feel so sad and defeated on a day which should be the exact opposite of those things.

There’s nothing I can write that here that doesn’t seem to trivialise something this unimaginably awful. I will pray and pray and pray for the victims and all those around the world who are prevented from living their faith through terror or persecution.

15 Likes

this is terrible

Can never fathom these sorts of things. Horrendous.

1 Like

Fucking hell

sending you so much love today x

Terrorists are proper stupid cunts.

1 Like

“There’s nothing I can write that here that doesn’t seem to trivialise something this unimaginably awful”.

Absolutely this.

4 Likes

Fucking hell

Pure evil

The other day I was waiting for my bus to Vienna airport and as usual flixbus had mucked up and were late, I ended up talking to this couple who were stressing cos they thought they were gonna miss their flight cos of it, they were heading back to Sri Lanka for easter and were so excited :frowning: breaks my heart, hope they’re okay.

1 Like