⚠️ Attention all thread starters ⚠️

When starting a thread that is likely to become a running thread to some extent or other, please consider using relevant emojis in the thread title. It makes it so, so much to identify threads when scrolling.

That’s all, thank you so much for reading.

25 Likes

For an alternative view, I strongly oppose emojis in thread titles. It gives me a headache trying to skim-read around them.

6 Likes

I don’t really mind either way but the problem is you don’t get the pop up in the title when you’re on a desktop machine so you would have to cut and paste from elsewhere and on my phone there is often no search option for my emoji list so it’s a pain to find them. (Also when you can search you are often at the mercy of highly specific phrases picked based on US English use being attached to the emoji you are thinking of.)

I am an old man. I don’t understand emojis other than the smile one which I use for various random reasons. This ain’t changing :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have listened, paid attention and complied

thank you for your advice @AutumnBeech

3 Likes

:-1: :no_entry_sign: :duck:

1 Like

Done :+1:

1 Like

Just wanted to say that I really like this idea

3 Likes

Totally agree, look how these threads stick out like a beacon, v helpful especially with so many boards and threads

2 Likes

I have amended this thread I recently made to help make it stand out

2 Likes

Aesthetically, emoji’s in thread titles looks awful.

2 Likes

I have no powers and can’t alter the Jan 2022 film thread but please feel free to add :film_projector: or :film_strip: or whatever on each side (I like the symmetry, sorry)

These fucking emojis are still shit by the way, can I request another voting thread to get the actually good ones?

Very pro emojis in rolling threads. It makes it much easier for me to find things. My brain struggles with text.

3 Likes