• A Prayer Before Dawn
  • Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again
  • Hotel Artemis
  • Apostasy
  • Mission Impossible: Fallout
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

Close poll!

Would recommend Hearts Beat Loud - super feel good, everyone in it is great, has some nice thoughts on the ā€œvalueā€ of music.

1 Like

Leave no Trace or was that last month?

1 Like

The Miseducation of Cameron Post, the new film by Desiree Akhavan (Appropriate Behaviour) is out on the 31st too.

1 Like

June

Pushed back a week into September

Booo (seeing it at the BFI on the 13th anyway)

1 Like

Everyone excited for The Meg?

• Oh yes
  • What is fun?

0 voters

Think weā€™re gonna save it for our annual fake-Christmas Jason Statham film rather than seeing it in the cinema but I am excited for it nonetheless

1 Like

watched Ingrid Goes West yesterday. not really sure how I felt about it, think I liked it a fair amount though basically everything it had to say the effects of social media on mental health, the inauthenticity of instagram, etc was pretty obvious and not particularly insightful, and it wasnā€™t very funny nor was it quite dark enough to really surprise me (maybe too many Todd Solondz films or whatever have warped my brain). slightly ā€˜interestingā€™ that what once would probably have been a piece of hollywood satire is a thing about social media I guess.

Hey, someone else has seen Summer 1993! It was very good

1 Like

Oh god

https://twitter.com/ParamountPics/status/1024642500160417799

In Ljubljana, I saw Wonderstruck at Ljublana Castle. The film was crap but I liked being in the castle at night, the view was amazing.

1 Like

Yeah that film was so boring, talk about a lack of peril.

This month sees two prize winners at Cannes getting their UK release (BlackKklansman winning the Grand Prix and Cold War winning Best Director). The only other notable Cannes 2018 films with UK release dates at the moment from what I can see are Dogman (October), Palme dā€™Or winner Shoplifters (November) and Burning (February)

(what you mean, nobody cares about all thisā€¦)

We managed to get tickets for the BlackKklansman screening at the BFI with a Spike Lee Q&A afterwards. Looking forward to this a lot.

And speaking of festival hits with delayed UK release dates, Bad Genius (the cracking Thai exam-heist movie that we saw at the LFF) still hasnā€™t got a UK cinema or DVD release date, and still isnā€™t on UK Netflix, despite being available in the US, Canada and Australia.

If you can watch it via a proxy Netflix, it comes highly recommended.