August 2018 Film DiScussion Thread

I assume they’re not about to radically change the formula so an older middle-aged suave man is really what the role needs. This is always going to be ‘one for the dads’ on so many levels.

Sean Connery was 32 when he first played Bond - there’s no reason why a new Bond couldn’t be that kind of age again.

That was considered a lot older in 1962 though.

I watched Western and it is brill.

i do agree with this - he’s only 5 years younger than craig - what’s the point

that being said, a Bond by Antoine Fuqua starring Big Dris would be pretty special - but tbh they might as well just make it a completely different film, it being Bond is basically just ‘making a statement’

let Daniel Kaluuya be Bond, that’d be ace

Antoine Fuqua is a terrible director though

hmmm

Brooklyn’s Finest and Training Day are good

saw the new Unfriended and I very much enjoyed it

Seeing this tomorrow, the first one was surprisingly fun

yeah i thought so too. didnt even realise a new one was made but I found myself very entertained. has some very nice set pieces in it, i think you will enjoy it

I’ll give you Training Day, but that was almost 20 years ago now

The Equalizer, despite being pretty xenophobic and Taken-esque, is a really well shot and gripping action film.

Going to kill a couple hours time before my 8:45 showing of The Meg watching Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again. Best Friday ever.

Decided to see Heathers tonight, the insane weather would’ve put me off but I’d already bought my ticket. Speaking of which, looking at the allocated seating chart, it appears I’m the only one going on me own :grimacing:

Don’t worry, it’ll be very.

Seeing this on Thursday, it’s on my classics-I’ve-never-seen list so I’m excited.

Same (except for the Thursday bit o course)

Saw a group of people I sort of know and I’m worried they’ll think I’m a major dork for coming on my own. Does this fit vaguely with the thematic content of the film?

IS THIS IMMERSIVE CINEMA?

Extremely jealous of people seeing it for the first time, it was a very formative film for teenage me.