August 2018 Film DiScussion Thread

i do agree with this - he’s only 5 years younger than craig - what’s the point

that being said, a Bond by Antoine Fuqua starring Big Dris would be pretty special - but tbh they might as well just make it a completely different film, it being Bond is basically just ‘making a statement’

let Daniel Kaluuya be Bond, that’d be ace

Antoine Fuqua is a terrible director though

hmmm

Brooklyn’s Finest and Training Day are good

1 Like

saw the new Unfriended and I very much enjoyed it

1 Like

Seeing this tomorrow, the first one was surprisingly fun

yeah i thought so too. didnt even realise a new one was made but I found myself very entertained. has some very nice set pieces in it, i think you will enjoy it

1 Like

I’ll give you Training Day, but that was almost 20 years ago now

The Equalizer, despite being pretty xenophobic and Taken-esque, is a really well shot and gripping action film.

1 Like

Going to kill a couple hours time before my 8:45 showing of The Meg watching Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again. Best Friday ever.

1 Like

Decided to see Heathers tonight, the insane weather would’ve put me off but I’d already bought my ticket. Speaking of which, looking at the allocated seating chart, it appears I’m the only one going on me own :grimacing:

Don’t worry, it’ll be very.

1 Like

Seeing this on Thursday, it’s on my classics-I’ve-never-seen list so I’m excited.

2 Likes

Same (except for the Thursday bit o course)

1 Like

Saw a group of people I sort of know and I’m worried they’ll think I’m a major dork for coming on my own. Does this fit vaguely with the thematic content of the film?

IS THIS IMMERSIVE CINEMA?

1 Like

Extremely jealous of people seeing it for the first time, it was a very formative film for teenage me.

3 Likes

Twas great, yeah. Reminded me of seeing Blue Velvet for the first time, the bizarre twisted satirical-ness of it all. Was a bit anxious about the aforementioned post, mainly cause I was gonna say hi properly afterwards but I dunno where they went to (hoping they don’t think I was being mega rude).

Tldr it was very

Soundtrack is great as well, quite vapourwavey. I mean, yeah, it’s all yer 80s synths and samplers and whatnot but it had that kind of spooky detachment to it as well

Been a while since Moore made a decent fist of anything but…

If it’s just as successful as Fahrenheit 9/11 was then…er…Trump wins the popular vote too in 2020.

3 Likes