• Annabelle Comes Home
  • The Lion King
  • Tell It to the Bees
  • The Current War
  • The Intruder
  • Horrible History - The Rotten Romans
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

Almost want to watch this on account of how spectacularly shit it looks. Almost.

Nothing coming out this month I want to see, I don’t think :frowning:

Aside from the new Tarantino, I’m looking forward to Transit, Pain and Glory and The Souvenir (all of which have had great reviews)

Looking forward to Apocalypse Now: Final Cut. I’ve never seen the original in the cinema.

3 Likes

I saw a preview of Blinded by the Light. It is proper, proper cheesy and you’d need at least a middling tolerance for Springsteen, but it’s a lot of fun otherwise. As someone who grew up in Luton in the mid 80s, it pretty well captures that period and what it was like there.

(And some of it was filmed there! And the accents are pretty much correct!)

1 Like

Lot’s of this. Fuck knows how long this cut is going to end up being though.

I saw it at the Prince Charles Cinema a few years ago, it’s a bit weird though as there are no end credits at all so the film just ended and the curtains closed, leading to some rather baffled expressions in the audience

Between Hobbs and Shaw, Angel Has Fallen and Crawl it is a fantastic month for high octane nonsense

Cineworld has it in as 230 minutes, but I would guess that includes the Q&A? (Hope so)

1 Like

I only saw Midsommar and The Dead Don’t Die. I liked the latter a lot more than a lot of people, but the former obviously pips it

1 Like

It’s like a Tuesday night or something as well isn’t it. Could be a real slog…

might go see Hobbs & Shaw today, seems worthy of an opening-day viewing

4 Likes

Saw a preview of Transit last week. The central conceit of a World War 2 tale shot in contemporary Marsailles works well, but it also feels like a verbatim reading of a 1940s film or play and this is less successful.

Have you seen Phoenix by the same director? I remember a lot of reviewers raving over that one

I haven’t but the mate I went with had. He thinks Transit is a further exploration of the same themes, particularly around the concept of identity.

Looking at what’s on next week, since I had to cancel my cinema trip this week cause of the weather.

Considering one of them The Matrix anniversary screenins

1 Like

That must include the Q&A. I believe the film itself is around 180 minutes which puts it somewhere in between the original and Redux.

183 mins, according to Rotten Tomatoes.

Go and see The Matrix (1999) in my opinion

2 Likes