August 2019 Film Thread

Joker is showing at the Venice Film Festival this/next week, so at least we’ll get some advance warning if it’s a stinker. Still not sure about it but we’ll see.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JeremyMonjo/status/1166776108647243776

3 Likes

people are already getting hysterical and cancelling this joker movie based on the trailer and script rumours. i think we’ve arrived at “any film with a bad person as the main character is de facto alt right propaganda” lol

Early reviews for Ad Astra seem almost all really positive, including five stars in The Guardian today. Seems like it might not be a disaster??

2 Likes

Saw that this morning and was genuinely astonished. Properly looking forward to it.

1 Like

I’ve seen some more measured reviews but overall they seem good. Just as well since sadly it’ll probably lose a shitload of money (it cost $80 million)

The trailer didn’t really sell it to me, but “apocalypse now in space” has me curious

This may just be Robbie Collins and co getting behind their boi who did Lost City of Z.

1 Like

I want to see this, I do not want to wait 20 years for it.

Isn’t it quite unusual to screen the directors cut of a previously shown film in cinemas?

Probably! God knows the film doesn’t need an extra half hour either…

1 Like

Finally got round to seeing the new Almodovar :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Minority Report

• Good film
  • Bad film
  • Ok film

0 voters

Good film, final scene is a bit lame, steals the twist scene from LA Confidential

Just rewatched it for the first time in years. It holds up well IMO.

Yeah, I think so too, and one of the only films where Colin Farrell is good with a non-Irish accent

its brilliant. And tom cruise is amazing,

2 Likes

Dolor y gloria era una película muy típica de Almodómar, pero me gustó mucho.*

Pain and Glory was a very typical film for Almodóvar, but I liked it a lot.

My buddy went to see this movie and said he really liked it, but I thought he was talking about the dwayne the rock Johnson and mark wahlberg starrer pain and gain so was like ok thanks for telling me

6 Likes