August 2019 Politics Thread - Recess!

this is a very unpolicelike sentiment

“You don’t have to put on that red dress”

Hahahahahaha

8 Likes

How long before the press turns on Priti Patel and/or Sajid Javid if the Tories win a majority

Not gonna happen.

Well, the centre-left might, but most of them won’t.

Sometimes police do “a sting” as well (or at least that’s my understanding). With that in mind, consider the following:

Sting (musician) is off of The Police (band)

Sting (something the police might do) is off of the police (pigs)

Might be something to work with?

2 Likes

:musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note: “Put on the red @meths:musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:

1 Like

Always wondered about the origin of referring to the filth as ‘pigs’.

Anyone know?

Obviously I could easily Google this myself, but it’s more fun and like the old days to ask someone else instead.

1 Like

I think it’s because kids would say stuff like “I smell bacon!” when police officers arrived and bacon traditionally comes from “pig”

I always assumed it was because of the ‘fat donut-eating’ stereotype

his reply guys also always out themselves as fash while trying to say he’s an antisemite

I realise it’s pointless and repetitive ripping into these clowns, but this and the first two replies are some kind of ur-centrism

14 Likes
3 Likes

Oh dear…

Yeah, those were the replies I meant, realised after I posted it that they might not stay the first two. It seems worth highlighting that Emma Kennedy’s said she’s been approached to be a Lib Dem candidate in the next election, in an unwinnable seat, admittedly, but still.

Like with the Olympic opening ceremony stuff, it’s kinda funny how ‘sensibles’ jump up and down saying that this kind of attitude doesn’t exist and how dare the left accuse centrists of it, and then they just post it right there for everyone to see.

1 Like

She’s come a long way from getting Chinese burns on This Morning With Richard Not Judy.

1 Like

is red hot economics chat allowed here? £1 now =€1 which, whilst absolutely fucked, shows a unique kind of solidarity i like

We might as well adopt the euro now

10 Likes