August 2021 General UK Politics

Summary of runners and riders…

5 Likes

Didn’t read and thought that was Matt Bellamy

23 Likes

I can’t unsee it now

3 Likes

I thought Miles Kane tbh but, you are right.

1 Like

Wes Anderson

What the fuck

2 Likes

Beef Markets

10 Likes

Dick pic diplomacy

Tbf he’s probably better at trade negotiations than liz truss so at least it’s a step up

1 Like

That’s what I think of your selection policy. Yes, I’ve hit the odd copper. Yes, I enjoy the odd doobie

1 Like

Imagine Liz Truss & Ian Botham snogging

I mean yes

https://twitter.com/politicsforali/status/1429790074560991232?s=21

But, not for this

https://twitter.com/politicsforali/status/1429784852556095489?s=21

9 Likes

It’s true mind, we’re on the cusp of economic crisis as well as the healthcare, security and environmental crises already hoisted up, and literally nobody cares - or if they do will just chalk it up to poor people existing.

5 Likes

The UK is not actually on the cusp of a crisis by global standards though. We’re on the cusp of visible and tangible decline but not of a crisis that will make people challenge their emotional attachments. That’s why England especially is such a conservative country - its because it can still afford to be and probably can for another 50 years.

1 Like

All in the eye of the beholder really, I think any worsening food crisis will have british people losing their collective shit big time, they won’t worry about the fact we have it far better than almost any other country

Taking this mornings 5 Live discussion as an example, I think it depends if there are no sausages or just no pigs in blankets this Christmas. Obviously the former will have an impact but Im not sure if the latter doesn’t stay politicised.

I actually thinking rising prices might have the best chance of cutting through rather than shortages. The latter is something people can rationalise in the short term but the permanent end of ‘cheap food’ is going to tell a lot more, especially as it undermines the Tory narrative of rising wages.