August - FOOTBALL IS BACK, BABY!

And Owen ONE NIL

Fan @SteveCapes94, who has just over 100 Twitter followers, said: “If you’re in charge of the world’s biggest football club and haven’t come close to a league title in your six-year time in charge. You have to look at yourself and admit you can’t do your job.” This tweet has been liked more than 1,500 times.

What a social media juggernaut!

5 Likes

It’s an interesting one though - what’s the smallest you can be but still ‘make it’ in top level football?

Ryan Fraser managed quite well last year and he’s 5’4”. Think Shaun Wright-Philips was the same. Obviously depends massively on the individual player, their position, their team’s style of play etc I suppose.

I’m 5’ 4” and have often wondered whether I could have made it as a footballer. Height would be the least of my issues though tbf.

Is Fraser 5 ft 4? I’d read somewhere that the smallest pl player was 5 ft 6.

There was a tiny left back who played for Blackburn and Aston Villa in the nineties, but I can’t remember his name

Do the thing

There was some chat about this on Second Captains. Fraser is also 70kg, which goes some way to helping him hold his own. Gomes is 52kg, basically half a Slabhead.

52kg! I’d like to see how he can manage a cold wet rainy night in Stoke (when Man Utd get relegated)

Pogba transfer request

• Today
  • Next week
  • United 4 lyf

0 voters

Needs to be an option for seeing out his contract and getting a colossal signing bonus from Real in two years

1 Like

He’s 163cm, the little tiny man!

I’m 165… :muscle: :sweat_smile:

#chelseafans

Still struggling with the fact Villa spent nigh on 150 million this window. Think I’m getting old.

I mean if you actually look at what they’ve bought it’s an entirely new team. Total strangers. Reckon they might go the first 6 games without a win.

Oh thank god Burnley bought Peacock-Farrell. Was worried they’d be short of goalies for a moment

Alan Wright

2 Likes

Its not that extreme. 3 of the players were here last season , 2 played together at Club Brugge (although I read somewhere its actually 3) Dean Smith managed 2 at Brentford

imagine going from living in brugge to living in birmingham. poor bastards.

Bigger, better canals in Brum.

2 Likes

Brugger than before

1 Like