August - FOOTBALL IS BACK, BABY!

1st Brentford
???
24th QPR

1 Like

VAR in the Premier League

The 2019/20 Premier League season will see all 20 Premier League grounds equipped with VAR technology which will allow decisions to be assessed from the VAR hub in Stockley Park, West London.

VAR will be used for ‘clear and obvious errors’ in four areas - goals, penalties, straight red cards and mistaken identity.

This will lead to changes in the viewing experience for fans:

Television: Viewers will be able to see what the video assistant referees watch, including an ‘over the shoulder’ angle of the officials in the studio. The VAR team will be announced in advance, as per the on-field refereeing group.

Stadium: Information about a VAR check will appear on the big screens at the 18 grounds which are equipped with them ie ‘Checking red card’. When a decision is overturned, a video of the incident will be shown when appropriate. At the two grounds which do not have screens - Anfield (Liverpool) and Old Trafford (Manchester United), announcements will be made via the scoreboard and PA.

What impact do you think VAR will have on the Premier League?

• very negative
  • negative
  • no change
  • positive
  • very positive

0 voters

Think it’s one of those years you could get a real freak team hit a hot streak and end up in the prem. Luton or something daft

I think you’ll find the highest ranking Championship team is managed by a little goblin

Scott Parker is actually a ww2 pilot, not a goblin

2 Likes

I’m actually looking forward to this season, kinda, as much as you can look forward to a Championship season. We made it difficult for anyone to beat us last year, didn’t take nearly as many drubbings as we should’ve. Could be very hard to catch.

Still maintain if Chelsea hadn’t have paid that ref we’d still be up

Championship is probably a funner league (it’s obviously great fun playing the squids but I’d rather be, yknow, better than teams occasionally

You’ll make the playoffs as long as you don’t go full wigs in the thames again

Keeping mitro means I probably agree. If he stays fit

1 Like

They’re not a bad outside bet tbh, got some £££s behind them.

I think VAR will have a long term positive impact but I have ZERO faith that all parties concerned will be able to implement a trouble & controversy-free 1st season.

And good lord the old fart pundits & robot wars et al are going to make it SO UNBEARABLE

14 Likes

There’s a micropub in the victorian arcade which is worth a visit and central. Not too sure otherwise but Oakwell is close to the station and town centre so will be a few options

Always used to go to the Metrodome leisure centre a few minutes walk from the ground. Got a bar in there for away fans.

1 Like

So, so convenient this

8 Likes

Lol

2 Likes

First VAR wig loss of the season

• Klopp
  • Pep
  • Dyche
  • Jonathan Pearce
  • Profk

0 voters

can’t wait to get done by the lack of screens at Anfield to take away our surprise win on the opening game of the season next week lads!!!

lol I’m back in the big time and dabbling in anti-bants baby

1 Like

have fun watching a screen that doesn’t exist at liverpool

3 Likes

wonder if VAR will lead to them installing screens

is there an incentive there?