August - FOOTBALL IS BACK, BABY!

2 Likes

If the transfer window was to SLAM shut right now, I would be:

• Delighted with my club’s business
  • Satisfied with my club’s business
  • Disappointed with my club’s business
  • FML

0 voters

satisfied weve not lost a few key players.
disappointed not to have 1-2 more players

Wouldn’t be that fussed by the lack of incomings. Would be royally pissed off that we haven’t shifted any of the deadwood though

2 Likes

Incomings:

I’ve got used to playing without a RW, but we’re really crying out for a CB and CM. Seems barmy to me we’ve lost two CMs, Matic is clearly well past his best, and yet we’ve not really even been linked to any midfielders other than Fernandes (this summer’s traditional completely fabricated transfer saga with a Portuguese player).

If we fail to address either of those positions it would be a very dodgy window.

Deadwood:

Sanchez is immovable; Rojo and Darmian worth nothing so who really cares if they run out their contracts; in lieu of anyone else arriving, better that Lukaku stays. Meh, either way.

reckon we’ve made good signings so far, only thing left is to see how we replace the players still yet to leave - so if the window closed now and we kept everyone that’d be ace :+1:

just hoping that if Maupay, Benrahma, Watkins etc. are going to go, we get it done sooner rather than later so we have time to get replacements in. think we definitely need another striker at least if they all went.

Longstaff innit.

Just seen a 50ft plasma get off a plane and hop on a Metrolink towards Old Trafford

6 Likes

Sounds like another cugat special to me

1 Like

OLED’S AT THE WHEEL

15 Likes

The main order of business was a long term replacement for Fernandinho, and that’s been sorted. Angelino is an interesting if faintly underwhelming option at left back, important now Delph has gone. Lost all faith in Manchester City ever employing a reliable left back again tbh.

We haven’t replaced Kompany and don’t seem to be aiming to, which is worrying given the highly variable reliability of our other centrebacks. It’d be nice if this was in aid of giving Eric Garcia a run at the first team, but I’m obviously not holding my breath on that. We’re still chasing after swapping Danilo for Cancelo, which would be a good lick o’ business but doesn’t seem a particularly important thing to do right now.

The fact Bravo is still our back-up goalie while Muric has been turfed out on loan is a minor annoyance. Turning a sudden profit on Douglas Luiz was nice. We cannot even find anyone to loan Quimmy Mangala out to, hilariously. Five year contract.

A couple of teenagers + the Ox and Jo Gomez back to fitness is hardly a thrilling transfer window but we have a pretty settled squad so not too worried

Still want Sané though

As it stands sessegnon, cairney and mitrovic are all Fulham players, happy.

2 Likes

Sort of satisfied, sort of disappointed. Don’t think we are desperately crying out for anyone in particular, but we do need to strengthen the squad in general I think - especially if we’ve got Europa League games to play in daft Europa League places. Bought Cuttrone and Vallejo in so far, but reckon could probably do with another couple coming in.

Bale: portrait of a golf grabber

2 Likes

Sold 14 players (including one of the world’s most talented midfielders and one of the world’s most promising defenders). Still talk of potentially more players leaving.

Bought 7 players and loaned 1 - two are goalkeepers - with an average age of 21.5 years. Only one of the new recruits can be described as experienced.

It’s all down to the kids to bring results.

Peps already decided he’s shit and is back in for cancelo

we let 14 players go

Pretty satisfied, we’ve managed to solidify the core of our championship-winning squad with new contracts, and added a couple tasty additions (Patrick Roberts on loan and Drimic namely) while only spending £1.5 mio :grinning: it will either prove to be a total disaster or a real success I think, there’s no real middle ground here, but I’m cautiously optimistic we are going to be ok. The concern remains whether our defence is tough enough, but the faith has been given to them, so let’s see what they can conjure.

We still need a striker but other than that I think it’s been v good

Really high hopes for Trezeguet (although he may be a bit past it hahah lol)