Aural hygiene

ears

I’m not sure they are but cheers all the same.

It’s these but they seem a bit difficult to locate.

I have a real problem with obsessive behaviours like cleaning my ears. Do it every day and if I can’t do it for a few days on holiday etc I go a bit mad and paranoid and start sticking pen lids etc in there. (UP is right; Kirby grips are amazing for it. Glad I’m not the only one…)

This however is far better than it was a few years ago when I would do it 3 times a day, got cotton buds proper stuck in there twice and had to get them removed by a doctor, got infections all the time, etc. Managed to cut down but this is all part of a much larger pattern of obsessive damaging behaviours like skin picking etc.

as someone who has this constant sound going on in their ears all day every day, it’s not enjoyable for me.

When it follows a couple of weeks of deafness, pain and pressure, it’s a major relief.

Is swimmers ear that amazing feeling of an ear full of water when you’re not in the water anymore?

Anyway I think my wax probably melts and drips out of my ear in my sleep.

Can’t get over this

No, swimmer’s ear is an infection in the outer ear canal - it’s caused by water getting trapped in your ear or by over-vigorous cleaning with cotton buds

Nah not for me.

Yeah, I’m not inviting you around to watch the footie again.

sometimes mine get itchy

i try not to put cotton buds properly inside the ear and just clean around the edge but if they’re itchy it’s hard to resist giving them a proper clean

holy shit I just got the syringe thing done and it feels like everything’s in surround sound