Ah, I thought I’d searched for this, oops! :smiley:

Worth posting again though.

Also: “I’M ON SMOKO, SO LEAVE ME ALONE!”

2 Likes

AM ON SMOE KOE
SU LEEV ME ALOWN

Also: Fair dinkum

1 Like

It’s a Royal Headache kind of day (and there is a distinct lack of RH in this thread)

4 Likes

How could we have neglected to include this guy? Australia’s answer to Bob Dylan - except that Kelly can actually sing.

Some great psych vibes from The Laurels. ‘Mesozoic’ in particular sounds very ‘Methodrone’ era Brian Jonestown Massacre/Swervedriver.

Not sure how widely they’re known in Oz as I was introduced through a friend who shared a chalet with one of them at an ATP. I tried to catch them when I was over in Brisbane a couple of years ago but wrong time/place.

2 Likes

come out of retirement last year for Golden Plains festival, and an appearance at Dark Mofo - not heard much from them since, hoping for more

Mikey Young is involved in so many bands and production work so probably hard to pin down ECSR for more output

Here’s some from Mikey Young action with Total Control

Brendan, lead singer of ECSR, is Boomgates as well - which I posted earlier up the page. Sadly only the one album from them!

1 Like

Every post should be Royal Headache

ok here’s Julia Jacklin

2 Likes

New Cosmic Psychos on April 4th

2 Likes

Get hold of the Psychos doco if you haven’t seen it

Hang on! Whole thing is on YouTube

2 Likes

I’ll definitely give that a look

Love both Arrows records, only got into them after they split sadly but it’s such good emo, kinda post-rock Mogwai-ish vibes at times too.

Check out Mia Dyson’snew album, it’s a ripper!

And this song is up with best of the year for me

FFO - bluesy rock

These chazwazzas are pretty fair dinkum

4 Likes

Great bunch of lasses:

Awesome, that great moment when you just got into a band a few months ago (thanks @ma0sm) and then you find out they have a new album and it’s out next week!

Touring with the Chats as well, what a combo. Although I don’t think that tour will make it to me in NY.

2 Likes

Art of Fighting

Decoder Ring

This is awesome just for the use of the phrase " Bowling Shane". Always wanted to play cricket with someone called Shane , just to say this after every delivery.

1 Like