Autechre

Oh another reason I don’t know which one it is… My vinyl box set of exai doesn’t have anything useful like “side a” /“side b” on each disc so often no idea which tracks in actually listening to or if they’re in the right order.

1 Like

Will check out next time I’m near some headphones or wrestle control of the stereo from my kids.

the side names are in the etchings of the run out grooves

1 Like

I fucked off Untilted years ago after a visceral first impression and have avoided it ever since. You and I are pretty regularly sympatico when it comes to bleeps in general and now I’m thinking I’m going to have to suck it up and give Untilted another go. Maybe I’m in the right place for it now I’ve been on my AE reappraisal trip in the last few years…

1 Like

Or maybe this, though tbh I’d be surprised if it had inspired such strong feelings. This has reminded me that I bloody love Exai, so thanks for that…

That’s the one! Banger! (kind of)

1 Like

One of my favourite Autechre tracks too, for me the second half creates this feeling of being in some vast, hollow space.

1 Like

Yeah, this just reminds me that I find Exai hard work. I queued it up on my music player and I reckon about halfway through I tuned out to the extent I absolutely missed it turning into deco Loc. I have since put on Rae from LP5 and am much happier.

1 Like

It’s got a groove to it which reminds me of Chiastic Slide. Be interested to see what you make of it.

Also agree that post LP5, Untilted is their best record. First few minutes of LCC is a bit savage but after that things settle down. Some of their best work. I never got into Exai it was released at a mildly dark period in my life and I just wasn’t in the right frame of mind for what still seems to me quite a dark record. I don’t go near it even nowadays.

1 Like

Calling MINUS before the year is out, artwork same design but light blue / dark blue / purple on white or pale grey.

1 Like

Shazam is your friend

Autechre fans might enjoy this;

1 Like

Thanks I’ll check it out later with a decent screen and Soundsystem (not my phone speaker!)

Wasn’t expecting this

2 Likes

Not very good unfortunately.

1 Like

I think it’s great