Authors whose bibliography comes across like somewhat like a music discography

Always thought that JG Ballard’s bibliography fitted this idea…

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 16.30.00

3 Likes

Think SK might have written more books than I’ve read

6 Likes

Kingdom Come is definitely an album closer. Kurt Vonnegut’s sounds like some sort of Decemberists’ album.

Apart from “Galapagos: A Novel” ruining it!

2 Likes

Most of them id guess?

4 Likes

Oh man, I’m 10 pages from the end of Mr Rosewater and now I’m realising I’ve only got 2 Vonneguts left unread

Think I must have read most of SK’s books in the left column and the first third or so of the second column, and then not read anything after that. I’m sure he said he was retiring from writing at some point(s) and then I just stopped reading him, but can’t see any gaps in his output!

I think Mr Rosewater is the only one I’ve not read yet. Maybe this year.

1 Like

https://www.45worlds.com/book/author/roger-hargreaves

1 Like

I know what I want and I want it now
I want you
Cause I’m Mr Uppity

1 Like

I think he said it was more like he wasn’t writing to a specified contract and at his own pace, which of course meant still a fuckload.

I’ve read 18, though I kinda consider TDT one book even though I shouldn’t.

Anyway to answer the original question I think you could imagine the five sections of the Philip K Dick short story collection as albums with the stories as songs. Pure prog-rock obviously.

1. Beyond Lies the Wub (noted as a key influence on Muse)
  2. Second Variety (Difficult second album that unsuccessfully took on more grounded subject matter)
  3. The Father-Thing (Dick famously stood up the ceremony after unexpectedly getting nominated for a Grammy)
  4. The Days of Perky Pat (produced by Todd Rundgren)
  5. The Little Black Box (heard this will be the next Pitchfork Sunday Classic piece)
2 Likes