Autumn Brexit Thread - The Yellowing

Seems like her standard “like it or lump it” response to me.

Has anyone made a rounders analogy about this backstop business?

The first backstop is there to retrive the ball if the batter (UK) misses the ball (Brexit negotiation) thrown by the bowler (EU). The backstop can pick the ball up and throw it back to the bowler, who will then try again to bowl at the batter. In an ideal game, contact between ball and bat is made.
Sometimes if the bowler throws a curve ball (too fast or off target) then the batter and backstop miss the ball entirely and it goes off into the long grass, maybe into a ditch. To prevent this, a
second backstop is employed behind the first backstop, equivalent to the third man in cricket. Their job is to retrieve the ball if both batter and first backstop miss it. I think we’re now at the stage where the second backstop is fucked off to the extent they retrieve the ball from the long grass, run to the edge of the field and throw it into the Irish Sea… or something.

2 Likes

You’ve just written Johnson’s next Telegraph column for him.

5 Likes

I think the backstop is the friends we made along the way

2 Likes
2 Likes

FFS, “deep canada style”!

1 Like

needs brandt superimposed over the top

3 Likes

It’s chlorinated chicken corner that’s doing it for me.

1 Like

It is more than a little strange though that you haven’t found room for silly point.

1 Like

It’s very ‘Brass Eye’ in the best way.

Well there’s POTW in the bag

6 Likes

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2018/10/15/talks-breakdown-don-t-blame-the-eu-for-what-leavers-got-wron

2 Likes

poty.

5 Likes

Lol? Not lol.

https://twitter.com/PropertySpot/status/1051624600600289281?s=19

5 Likes

The MPs haven’t a got a fucking clue? So what?.. The public knew what they were voting for! RESPECT THE RESULT!

Woah, someone like David schneider would give his left bollock for OC like this. This is a compliment, I’m sure of it…

I keep seeing pundits in the last day or two saying Theresa May needs to get tough with the EU and be like Queen Boudica - they do realise Boudica lost in the end?

1 Like

you mean like when Boris said that we’d make a titanic success of brexit?

probably

yes but not before she burned london to the ground

Breaking news from the office of Jacob Rees Mogg: Newly discovered historical documents suggest Boudica burned all the cities that voted Remain to the ground

1 Like