Autumn Brexit Thread - The Yellowing

doom
getonwithitcorbyn
dooom
doooooooooom

Upload filters on everything at ISP level with a massive algorithm-based database check for original content can only be good for business …right?

The amendment to Article 13 I’m looking at isn’t at ISP level and doesn’t require an upload filter at all.

Ok, now I’m confused

I obviously read a bad report

This seems like a reasonable summary: https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/13/17854158/eu-copyright-directive-article-13-11-internet-censorship-google

But I’m coming from a position of ignorance. The Futurism article I read was bollocks. Then I gave up, because

Something about rounded corners on phones :wink:

Doesn’t really help that copyright laws are national things and the internet doesn’t really stick to geographical borders very well, so as ever what little does stick tends to be a perverted understanding of American law.

If I see one more non-American bleat on about “fair use” I’m going to smash something.

interesting

ta

Some top-drawer vox pop Brexit discussion on the BBC this morning:

Remain voter: I think Brexit will be bad for us
Leave voter: I think we’ll be fine after Brexit
Law expert: Brexit is a complex issue
Host: Yes, it is a complex issue. Back to the studio.

Alright, Redman.

I enjoyed the guy who decided it would be fine because he currently drives a German car.

Saw something with some leave voter expats in Bulgaria (running an English pub, obviously) on the lunchtime news.

Brexit-voting expats really should be first in line for conscription to work the mud farms.

It still amazes me how idiotic this whole thing is

Ha, same guy actually!

yeah, i mean we can intellectualize it and search for the great incisive takes but ultimately the whole thing is just really, really dumb.

and the BBC and Guardian (all the other media being rabidly pro-Brexit by nature) have been utterly useless at holding people into account since the referendum. Following the referendum result is one thing, but they barely even bother to point out that nobody voted for this debacle

B O T H S I D E S
O
T
H
S
I
D
E
S

L e G i T i M a T e C o N c E r N s

we were talking about how stupid this whole thing is. here is one of the guiding intellectual lights of the remainers with some profound thoughts

said to an audience of pols who enabled brexit and helped push through cuts that killed 120000 people.