Autumn Brexit Thread - The Yellowing

Oh, fuck, on ITV?

May’s going to get the deal anyway. It seems MPs have chosen darkness on every other meaningful vote so why would they change?

4 Likes

A bunch of people on twitter who changed their names to ‘xxxxx #FBPE’ (Follow Back Pro EU). Pretty much tweet solely (and aggressively) about Brexit and how awful it is, but from mostly a centrist/centre-left/liberal/strongly anti-Corbyn perspective. I don’t loathe them as such, they’re just rather irritating as any single-issue people are.

2 Likes

Hammond on BBC Breakfast literally saying the economy would be better if we stayed in the EU. Don’t know if it’s ever been so explicitly laid out like that from a major Tory before?

I Love You But I’ve Chosen Brexit

8 Likes

Hold me, xylo

1 Like

bit early for the hot tub, lads

2 Likes

They having it over there in the jungle like?

Loser has to eat a kangaroo’s cock or something?

1 Like

Not sure why they’re bothering with this economic impact report today. We all know Leavers don’t give a shit about economic figures or freedom of movement anyway, the gammons just want a past that isn’t coming back.

7 Likes

Only now?

FTFY

6 Likes

And while the FBPErs are having a ball over this, it’s also painfully apparent they still don’t get why Leavers don’t give a shit about economic forecasts.

2 Likes

It is interesting to see the arguments constantly changing tack.

Like, it was about immigration and know it isn’t.

It was about doing a great trade deal immediately but it now isnt.

It was then about being economically better off and now it isn’t.

And then it was about sovereignty and now it is the only thing it can be about. And even then, we were already sovereign.

3 Likes

What do they give a shit about?

But people do generally care about having jobs and things not going up in price and not having austerity +++++ forever.

oh it IS CG

12 Likes

Economic forecasts are very very blunt, and say nothing about where that growth happens.

You can pretend that austerity is what has ravaged a lot of the country (rather than just something that has made things exponentially worse) but a lot of these places were poor for a long time before 2010.

Yeah of course. My point being people should care about the economic effects of brexit as it will massively impact some of them (this is where I repeat that loads of leavers are of course wealthy middle class types in the south too).

1 Like

This is effectively a description of everything I’ve written on this site for the past decade.

3 Likes

This is a key part of fascism in general - the other/enemy is a massive threat to our existence, but is simultaneously weak and inferior compared to big strong us, so let’s give them a kicking eh

Having a chat with the tv about this whole situation, and she summed it up like this: we can’t do anything right. As a country, we can do little things like, idk, Masterchef, but anything big, and we fuck it up. This whole thing hasn’t ‘gone wrong’, it’s actually a perfect reflection of who and what we are

3 Likes

Everyone should care about it because other than the 1%-ers it’s going to be massively negative for everyone. Even upper-middle class people nowadays often have heavily leveraged lifestyles and unsustainable spending habits. A lot of their wealth is in property, the value of which is going to be, how shall we say, variable post-Brexit. Also, there’s a fair amount of upper-middle-class southerners who are company directors and owners who are going to get hit with a big shitty stick on this one.

Basic point being, it’s not just ‘stupid poor racists’, it’s also ‘stupid rich racists’ who’re cutting themselves off at the knees for… what?

2 Likes