Autumn Brexit Thread - The Yellowing

It’s suez II innit

1 Like

Somewhat ironically, we have a national Napoleon Complex

3 Likes

Technically I already have the freedom to shit myself, I just choose not to exercise it

1 Like

wealth =/= earnings, especially if you’re including retired boomers who have paid off their mortgage.

EDIT: I think everyone’s saying the same thing, but in different ways here.

2 Likes

You have to work to get anywhere in life. No handouts! Can’t expect anyone to just hand you untaxed unearned wealth on a plate

I’m trying to dig out the numbers, but it wasn’t ‘relatively pretty damn small’. Just look at the figures for the Home Counties or East Midlands, for example.

1 Like

Greetings, and please enjoy the boards! You must not have been here before

I’ve lost track of the conversation so I’ll just say my only angle is that we should all care about the economic impact of brexit as it will screw lots of vulnerable people even more than now.

And for the we must understand why they people voted brexit; well rich people want to get richer and duped poorer people to enable that. That what mustn’t be forgotten in the of countering brexit.

1 Like

Urgh stop it

‘poorer’ ie not millionaires

It’s so patronising and it diminishes whatever argument you’re making

You’re completely miss understanding my point. I obv didn’t write it very well.

so when they do another vote soon, if remain wins by a narrow margin, we’re all going to stop caringabout the poor aren’t we

It depends though doesn’t it? If Brexit ends up meaning you end up homeless even though it never crossed your mind that that would be what was what was going to happen to you, then you’ve been duped haven’t you?

2 Likes

It what some of it was - there wasn’t one reason that twats voted to leave; there were loads.

1 Like

more a general observation but imo it doesn’t matter if the forecasts say the economy will be hit, because many people feel, justifiably, that there is “the economy” over there, and then way over here is their own lived experience, which is of relentlessly shit call centre jobs and wage slavery and brutal hours and never having enough money. it is one that never changes regardless of whether the economy is up or down. so making an argument based around how important it is to protect the economy is basically the same as telling people they need to worry about preserving the ice caps on mars. they feel it is irrelevant to them, because in many ways it is.

22 Likes

Look all I’m saying is brexit will be economically damaging and lots of people (myself included as I’m not a millionaire) will be much worse of because of it and that’s quite important to a lot of people.

1 Like

So are you v. clearly saying all poor people voted for the same reason?

are people in less multicultural areas more racist?

Lots of “soft-racism” around here.

protecting my boy :fist:

2 Likes