Autumn Thread

August is OVER! September’s here, and it suddenly feels a lot cooler out.

I’m going to kick this off from a neutral position and a poll. Autumn chat fully encouraged. Do you love the nights drawing in? Are you missing summer already? Vote now!

• I love Autumn!
  • Surely there’ll be an Indian Summer in a week or two?

0 voters

Oops, I made the poll anon. All the more reason for chat.

Anyway, I’m not a fan. I love summer. It’s holidays, it’s my birthday, it’s clear blue skies, it’s going out in the evening and it still being light, it’s swimming in the sea… For me, Autumn is when it gets colder, wildlife seems to die off, it’s dark before you’ve had your dinner, there’s no bank holidays, everyone’s back at work so the traffic gets worse.

I like that I can wear jumpers again.

2 Likes

Mmm, hot chocolates and roaring fires and wistfully watching the leaves fall shut up

7 Likes

Have major sads this time of year, a hangover from school days that I have seemingly never gotten over. Combated it this year by booking a sunny holiday, tho.

1 Like

Not looking forward to a Scottish autumn/winter

21st September surely?

Sure, if you’re counting based on celestial objects, but about a week or so ago the temperature was pushing 30 degrees, and now it’s only in the teens, so :man_shrugging:

All the seasons are shit apart from summer.

I would like 50 weeks of Summer and 2 weeks of Christmas (inc snow).

Is that too much to ask?

6 Likes

Best day of the year.

Not much chat from the autumn lovers, despite it being 50:50 in the poll at the moment

Shittest season by an absolute mile.

“Ooh, it’s so beautiful and there’s crunchy leaves everywhere”

No it isn’t, it’s wet, windy and those leaves are a sludgy mess

6 Likes

Lots of football and American football on the telly though

Best season imo. All the summer holidaymakers are gone so it’s safe to leave the house again, still fairly nice weather a lot of the time but not too hot (anything over about 10 is too hot for my large, hirsute frame), autumn/winter food is better, can get my jumpers out again, big autumn fan.

4 Likes

Yeah, football being back is obviously the only acceptable thing about it.

YES ANT!

For like two days it’s pretty colours and crunchy leaves, then those leaves become a slimy mess, the trees are all skeletons and the sky turns grey until June next year. It’s fucking cold and windy too.

SHIT OFF, AUTUMN.

Climbing conditions are good though

1 Like

Can’t get my head round it. People who go on about how much they love it must stay indoors all of the time with their curtains closed reading children’s picture books about the seasons. It’s the only possible explanation.

3 Likes

used to like it but now i do not.

i’m in denial cos i’m still wearing sandals at work. might try and never wear tights again tbh.

OH LOOK THE WIND IS BLOWING THE RAIN RIGHT INTO MY FACE I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR

1 Like