Anyone excited? Avatar will be ten (10) years old next year. The future of 3D cinema.

Nobody remembers any single thing about Avatar

1 Like

Blue things.

Same plot as last of the mohicans.

Think that’s it

2 Likes

I remember they literally called the macguffin that they were struggling to obtain “unobtainium”

7 Likes

People remember that Unobtanium is a brain screamingly stupid word.

1 Like

A worldwide box office gross of $2,700,000,000

Le Unobtournoi

3 Likes

Oh yeah, and that that lady said “Unobtanium” as an answer on Pointless in a chemical elements round once.

3 Likes

Nearly fucking three BILLION as a box office total for a film that nobody even likes let alone loves.

2 Likes

Never seen it, might watch it at Christmas

I remember a video for Oscars build-up done by the Mirror (or something like that), and one of the presenters kept on calling it “Aviator” while the other presenter looked increasingly awkward.

1 Like

3 Likes

Remember laughing at how bad the trailer was before another film, expected it to be some weird flop never mentioned again. How wrong I was (until a couple of years later when nobody mentioned it again)

1 Like

They have plans for four (4) sequels.

complete dog shit film

hope no one goes to see the next one but it’ll be the highest grossing film in the history of ever because that’s how these things work

The male lead for the highest grossing film of all time is Sam Worthington

2 Likes

Feel pretty gross defending Avatar, but unobtanium is a pretty standard joke in SF

(Pretty sure it’s also used in The Core, aka the best movie ever made)

2 Likes

would love for someone on here to stick up for it.

anyone?

It also had a lot of similarities (the entire story) to Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest.

3 Likes

Preferred him as Leif Cassidy for sure

1 Like