B - Sides

and we all thought the A - Side was a little strange…

‘Sad Song’ wasn’t actually a b-side, it was on the vinyl version of ‘Definitely Maybe’

2 Likes

All three of these should have been on the album

1 Like

Dear Lord.

1 Like

Choon mate

1 Like
2 Likes

Sounds totally different to how they usually do (more like mbv, better)

2 Likes

That Ride album feels criminally underrated compared to the praise their first one got

2 Likes

Probably one of my favourite Silver Jews songs, has a great lyric and Malkamous is on fire on this track.

This one has some good lines

Though a double A side with pump up the volume, the remixed AR Kane track is great.

3 Likes

Dead Kennedy’s are possibly the only band where I cannot work out if the straight up direct attack of their first album or the development on their second album makes either respective album the best. Their other albums are also fantastic and all singles and B Sides just perfect.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Strong argument that a Nirvana B Side was the best thing they ever did.

7 Likes

Agree - never got on with the Official b-side version, but the BBC session and the live versions are immense

1 Like

There’s a clip of Nirvana on SnubTV (BBC2) from back then. I recall watching it and the band are walking down a corridor I think and then interviewed afterwards. In the background Aneurysm is playing whilst they walk around. I remember already thinking they were very good but heard that and was like, damn, they’re onto something. Just looked for the clip, can’t find it.

1 Like

Was about to come in and say that The Cure have the mortgage on this thread (Exploding Boy is a masterpiece). See also:

3 Likes

Another good one:

1 Like

Possibly my favourite Idlewild track.

1 Like