Back in the GMT Evening Thread

Evening, I haven’t been able to participate in an evening thread for months so here I am making tonight’s.

What are you all up to? What are you eating? Anything exciting happen to you today?

5 Likes

Yes but it’s a secret :shushing_face:

Got a bit more work to do then gonna cook some smoked haddock and leek and white sauce thing which is one of our go-to weekday meals. Decent.

Yes. Two very lovely folks joined my Patreon.

Thanks You Know Who!

Got a night of podcast admin coming up, and I honestly cannot be more excited about it.

3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS

13 Likes

Recipe?

1 Like

Just gonna share my shame here.

3 Likes

Poach smoked haddock in simmering milk.
Cook leek in butter. Add some flour.
Remove fish from milk then gradually combine milk with leek and flour. Thicken and stir in some cheddar.
Add to fish in a casserole dish to bake. Grate over more cheddar and add breadcrumbs then bake until crisp on top.

4 Likes

Got a poll for everyone to kick us off - Sunday nights: worse when you were at school, or worse now you work for the babylon?

• Worse at school
  • Worse now

0 voters

What’s for dins? Any cool stories to share?

bloody hell, two threads.

@moderators

3 Likes

WHY ALWAYS ME?

2 Likes

Got a haul of dark, winter beers for the evening (Titanic plum porter, Wild Beer Millionaire, Wiper and True Milk Shake, Westmalle dubble and Thornbridge Cocoa Wonderland). Spiced sweet potato and butternut squash soup and bread rolls for tea. Off tomorrow, wahey!

6 Likes

ye gods my poll is ruined

1 Like

Frozen feast for din dins

Fucking shattered so going to wait for the washing to finish and then go to bed

Good

1 Like

I’ve merged it but I think I’ve lost the poll results in doing so.

There’s always something when I close / merge a thread. Should really leave everything alone.

Spent today doing mostly burglary related admin.

Looooooong train ride back to London tonight. 2hrs in, 2hrs 40 to go. Can’t tell you how much I’m waiting for these to be a thing of the past :sleeping:

Sounds lovely :yum:

1 Like

I had a good productive day at work for a change. Managed to fix a bug with a database that’s been there for two years and needed a manual fix every month as I never had time to fix it properly and other fixes crashed.

Initial testing looks good this time. Such a relief.

2 Likes