Bad things a lot of people do that they may not realise are bad

Stop feeding bread to ducks.

Bread is junk food for ducks, it fills them up, meaning that they’re less likely to eat foods with nutritional value. Ducks that are fed bread may even become malnourished, and adult ducks eating bread may become fat and overweight.

Also, because of the high-calorie, low-nutrient diet that bread presents, young ducks can develop a condition called Angel Wing which is a wing deformity that usually means that the ducks cannot fly. It’s incurable and it’s all your fault.

19 Likes

There are signs up near the river here saying the same.

When I take my nephew to feed the ducks we give them oats, peas, or sweetcorn.

2 Likes

@Antpocalypsenow

4 Likes

Voting for the Conservative party does not, in fact, result in a true meritocracy that benefits ordinary, hard-working families.

54 Likes

#TopTips

2 Likes

Stop ringing people up, it benefits nobody

16 Likes

reckon the ducks would say otherwise

AirBnB

5 Likes

pffft. Suddenly bread is really bad for ducks and is an issue EVERYONE is banging on about.
Last time i fed the ducks it was with some sort of granola (because of all the judgement of the no bread idiots ringing in my ears) and that just sunk to the bottom. You know what doesn’t sink? BREAD. Have basically stopped feeding ducks through this bread shaming, so now the ducks will be underweight
#stopruiningallthethings

2 Likes

Putting your feet on the seats on trains.

Walking around the streets staring at your fucking phone and getting in everyone’s way.

5 Likes

It is the duck’s physiology that is the no bread idiot here. Thoughtlessly being unsuited to bread

I’m trying to create a super duck that can use bread.

Also, there are so many seagulls about the ducks barely get a look in. I suppose bread is bad for seagulls as well, is it?!
“Please, don’t feed seagulls bread, they can eat sick off the street like you’ve seen them do, but bread is really bad for them!”

Walking more slowly than I do when using the pavement in front of me.

4 Likes

I remember one said to try grapes. So we did and they sunk into the water and the ducks looked at us as if to say, “Fuck off, mate”.

4 Likes

might have more to do with it than the bread :wink:

We have 5kg of floating duck food at home. Hit me up if you want some and are in the Bristol area

2 Likes

Feeding sugary water (or worse, honey) to resting bees

Bees get tired sometimes and need to rest, and they don’t live very long. Feeding them bee junk food in the form of sugar isn’t good for them as it doesn’t have the nutrients they need. Feeding them honey can spread pathogens. If you want to help bees, grow bee-friendly plants and leave them alone

8 Likes

Both. Not much point feed the ducks that aren’t floating

3 Likes

You’re supposed to put antiperspirant on before you go to bed, not after a shower

1 Like