Bake your own beans

this sounds like something only an incredibly needy person would do

I find tins of baked beans too sweet (even the reduced sugar ones), so yes I bake my own beans and they taste much nicer than Branston’s

Home made baked beans really get me narked. No-one wants that with a cooked breakfast. See also: home made hash browns and sour dough toast.

Fucking hell didn’t see the r at first

1 Like

pervert.

1 Like

Fucking love beans on toast. #BEANZON

I seek not the human bean, but the baked bean.

Tried some “homemade” beans in a posh cafe and they were absolutely delicious.

If I could recreate I definitely would.

you’ve got to put this bad experience beheinz you

2 Likes

Doubt it

Are you sure you bought the right ones?

Was hoping someone might ask ‘are they nicer than he in though?’

To kick off some beans beeves

1 Like

Yes, as there’s a greek dish of butter beans baked with tomato sauce. Absolutely nothing like heinz, would not include as part of a fry up or on toast

I started on the reduced sugar ones as they are what I give R, can’t go back to the regular ones now because they are too sweet. Bit lazy to make my own though :confused:

Pardon?

Always bake some beans as a side for BBQs, don’t I? Might have to make two batches next time, as we’ve got loads of bacon off-cuts taking up space in the freezer, but a couple of veggies coming. will give me a chance to try two recipes, which is exactly what’s required with a garden full of guests.

I’ve seen Chuck Norris serve homemade baked beans to Bruce Lee in Way of the Four in a Bed.

3 Likes

I don’t care enough about baked beans to be bothered to make my own. However I do add all the spices to a tin of Heinz :fire:

1 Like

oh yeah. Whoops!

1 Like

That’s cheating

I used to make a veggie chilli which was basically however many cans of (plain) beans I needed. Nice mix of kidney, cannelini, butter, borlotti etc. Boil the fuckers up with spices and tomatoes until nice and thick.

Same thing really. Very good when I could get cans of out of date plain beans for 9p from my local Asian supermarket.