Bam Plays Pokemon! šŸ°

Ok itā€™s time for the next installment in the Bam does xyz series!

After failing to finish Game Of Thrones because stupid Now TV took it off their schedule before I finished it, itā€™s time to try something new!

POKEMON!

Pokemon is a beloved game series from Japan that started in the late 90s on the Nintendo Gameboy!

Iā€™ve never played a Pokemon game before because at the time I was edgy and thought they were stupid and for babies and I liked serious games like Final Fantasy!

ITS TIME TO RIGHT THAT WRONG!

Time to document my thought whilst I play:

Pokemon Yellow

:video_game:

7 Likes

The rabbit is a Pikachu btw

5 Likes

do you like the music

WHOā€™S THAT POKEMON?

The music is very groovy itā€™s just a shame itā€™s pretty repetative, I understand the limitations of the system though that said the battle theme is starting to annoy me

2 Likes

thatā€™s a dubtrio!

1 Like

Itā€™s called Dugtrio but now I really want a dubstep pokemon :frowning:

3 Likes

PokĆ©mon: itā€™s not very good

THE STORY SO FAR:

Iā€™m a pokemon trainer boy with a backpack and a cap, my rival NIGEL is a bit of a jerk (Nigel seemed like a good rivally name, donā€™t actually know any Nigels in real life). Professor Oak wants me to enslave cute creatures for science and gave me a Pikachu. Basically I walk to the left and sometimes to the right and get into fights in the tall grass.

I beat Brock who was a bit of a pain tbh because Iā€™ve just learnt that electricity doesnā€™t affect rocks. Dunno what the story is meant to be other than collect some gym badges.

Iā€™m off to Mt.Moon?!

7 Likes

Thatā€™s the spirit! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

for those interested my current team is as follows:

Sandshrew
Pukachi (Pikachu)
Nidoman (Male Nidoran)
Mankey
Spearow
Butterfree - just evolved from a metapod - very exciting!

8 Likes

I enjoy to play Pokemon

2 Likes

which is your favourite pokemon game ant?

Red!

(I also like playing Pokemon Go)

2 Likes

I gather Yellow is like Red but with Pikachu

I never played any of the non-Kanto ones at the time because I didnā€™t know or like the new beasts, now that I have a familiarity with them from Pokemon Go though Iā€™d like to give them a shot

(Yeah, Yellow is just Red/Blue but Pikachu walks with you iirc)

my beloved Gameboy :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Itā€™s pikachu!

are there set levels that pokemon evolve at or is it different for each pokemon?

iirc there is a set level for each but you can and should delay evolution because the higher level it evolves at the more powerful it becomes?