Bamboozled about this Spareroom advert

Cheap room in a nice area (£350), what’s the catch?

Well the current tenant keeps harping on about paying bills for the landlord, and outside of gas/water/internet I’m not sure why this would need to be mentioned as it’s completely normal. He then asked how much I’m earning (which I declined to disclose) and so I asked for a breakdown of the bills.

What the hell is happening here? £1100+ pm to rent a room in a shared house in Zone 4? Am I missing something here or is this just a landlord tricking tenants into paying his mortgage+massive profits under the guise of being a flatmate?

Getting tenants to cover your mortgage interest and charging them £200pm on “Maintenance/repairs” while claiming you don’t charge them any rent

Ahahahaha

2 Likes

The £350 a month is apparently optional too, on top of the “bills”

1 Like

£400 “tax” in addition to £140 council tax is it

Just spotted £200pm for a gardener!!!

Plus the £300 for a cleaner.

Reckon you should be telling the current tenant to get out, not them try and get you in.

1 Like

£36.50 total on kitchen and toilet roll seems a bit steep to me, and for that reason, ahm oot.

1 Like

That is a whole lot of pooing. Like a couple of rolls a day.

I replied I think this is either a scam or an elaborate joke

Should I report the listing?

£46.50 on various cleaning supplies that aren’t covered by the £25 actual cleaning supplies charge? This place must be spotless

Does the £300 cleaner not provide their own stuff then?

2 Likes

Washing machine tabs £11 - you can get over 100 for that (please keep your eyes glued to HUKD and wait for the magical 10p per tab).

2 Likes

100% a vice article this

4 Likes

The £300 cleaner is doing a lot of shitting.

6 Likes

However the council tax is very cheap.

Should just go in the garden tbqfh, make that gardener earn their £200

5 Likes

Found the listing, seems money well spent

10 Likes

GUYS GUYS I GOT A RESPONSE

8 Likes

Hang on, the cleaner is washing their pants too?

1 Like