Bam's Weekly Pseud Thread 🧔 : How has the internet changed the way we think?

I think the access to quick and easy ways to document our thoughts and share them with others has encouraged us to live in a never ending state of deconstruction.

1 Like

I’ve probably seen more people having sex than all of my ancestors combined, so that’s good.

3 Likes

How many of your ancestors combined have you seen getting all freakay anyway

1 Like

Like to write down or remember all your thoughts before and share with others would be incredibly laborious, more of the minutiae of daily life is opened up to be reflected upon

Two

2 Likes

Sounds quite ancestuous

1 Like

new and increasingly more granular ways to be performative.

Think about the way your breathing or blinking might change in the future if this was also turned into data and shared with others

2 Likes

https://www.pepysdiary.com/

1 Like

The level of measurement of actions and thoughts is quite staggering, absolutely, and tying that to a greater availability of knowledge regarding things like health, wellbeing etc is a very big change

not interested in alt right frog memes thanks

5 Likes

Damn you I nearly did an ‘Alright, Samuel Pepys’

If anything, being an actual reflective diarist is less likely and more difficult for a lot of people nowadays, because their time is so ‘optimised’ and their thoughts are all over the internet in a much more reactive fashion

like how we act in a social space vs a private space, sometimes I’l like do stupid rocking back and forth motions in a chair or make odd grunting noises at times when I am concentrating if I feel I am in a private space. Policing the body

‘The Normal’ is much more strictly codified and policed, I would say, and that ‘normal’ extends to sectional normalities as well, so within sub-populations there is a codification of appropriate behaviour too

So, even being ‘different’ comes with greater scrutiny from both other people within your ‘different’ grouping and without it

1 Like

now we’re getting a good pseud on the brew! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love a good pontificate - I should caveat that any views expressed with the force of certainty are definitely still opinions, I just fail to type them appropriately at times and I will make every effort to check that

1 Like

Yeah and one can never really be aware of something as a neutral act can they? Awareness is political

1 Like

that picture of all the construction workers sitting on a steel beam eating lunch except its me & the boys sitting on the floor at game stop

4 Likes

how advanced our society has become… merely 100 years ago you would receive little to no praise for posting the words “Bart Flintstone”

6 Likes

about to like-- wait a second, this is a dril tweet!!!

1 Like

choking myself on the toilet for Likes

1 Like