🍌 🌽 The New Vegan Thread 2018 🍆 🌻

To be fair though, even in the last couple of years the vegan options available in mainstream restaurants and supermarkets are completely different. People - especially older ones - have an association with the 80s/90s offerings which (especially if you lived outside London) were either crap or non-existent. I think it’s a good thing that people are changing their tune and giving it a go. Never too late!

This is great news, had the Beyond Burger in America earlier this year and it was SO good.

It’s really nice. Had it a couple of times now.

why has this made me laugh

Byron can piss off in my opinion. I’ve had many a shit salad in Byron cause there hadn’t been a vegan version for years.

I liked the taste of this but it made me SO ILL.
Like immediate case of the epimers. Something in it didn’t agree with me at all.

Sounds amazing tbf. Loved the 80s spicy beanburger

Maybe they were intentionally blending the new with the old. But I wasn’t into it. So dry.

tbf I like to think my palate has improved since I was 12. Probably hasn’t, but I like to think it has.

Gonna go out on a limb and say the M&S Taste Malaysia Rainbow Curry is the best readily available ready meal.

@rich-t compliments to the chef.

Hello!
Not strictly food related- but what would be the best way to take eye makeup off that doesn’t hurt the environment or the animals? I’m trying to get used to coconut oil but it stings my eyes a bit

Sit down, sitwell.

What a silly bastard.

What a weird email to write

Genuinely astonishing how out of touch the editor of a food magazine would have to be to have that reaction to vegan recipes. How can you work in the food industry without noticing the huge uptick in vegan options/consumption??

Got some fauxduck in the freezer in wazPaz but yet to consume.

Expose their hypocrisy… fucking hell.

The Body Shop’s cammomile cleansing oil is vegan and you can use it to remove all make up. The cammomile cleansing butter is also vegan and also very good. I tend to not use a separate eye make up remover and just use one of these over my whole face, lather with warm water, then wash off with a facecloth, sometimes twice if I’ve had a lot of make up on.

Ooh thank you! :blush: